What is an Item List Card?
An Item List Card displays a compilation of Items that fit your selected filter criteria. Add an Item List Card to a Board and control which columns are visible.
Add an Item List Card to a Board
You can create a new Item List Card directly on a Board or you can add an existing Item List from the Items section.
NOTE: Boards have a maximum Card limit of 16. Once a Board has 16 Cards, Users cannot add or copy additional Cards to that Board.
Create a new Item List
- Navigate to the Board with which you want to work.
- Select + Add button in the top-right corner of the Board.
- In the resulting + Add drop-down menu, select Item List.
- Fill out the pertinent information in the Card window:
- Rules: Set the filter criteria.
- Sort: Choose the primary and secondary sort criteria.
- Click the + Add button to add the Item List Card to your Board, or select Cancel to exit out of the Card window.
Add an existing Item List
Within the Items section of KaiNexus, you can create an Item List that can be added to a Board as an Item List Card. The filter criteria, view type, and column configuration of your Custom List will be respected on the Item List Card.
To add an existing Item List to a Board:
- Select Items in the Navigation Bar at the top of the app.
- Hover over My Lists in the Items drop-down menu.
- Select the Item List you want to add to a Board.
- Select the Actions button in the top right corner of the List.
- Select Copy to Board in the Actions drop-down menu.
- In the Copy to Board window, enter the Board name in the Choose Existing field and select the desired Board.
- Select Copy to add your Item List as an Item List Card on the selected Board.
Toggle the View of an Item List Card
Each View type provides a unique way to display and organize Item data within that List. The View also affects the way the Item List is printed and exported. Based on what information you want to see upfront, there are View types better suited for specific situations. Luckily, you can toggle between Views to get different information at a glance.
To switch to a different View:
- Select the ellipses icon in the top right corner of the Card.
- In the resulting dropdown menu, select the View you would like to switch to.
- Detail: Detail View displays important details within an individual Item and allows you to easily click between multiple Items within your List. Great for smaller Cards or for when you just need a quick overview of each item.
- List: List View displays a grid of Items to which you can add or remove columns and control exactly what information should be visible. Great for wider Cards and for when you need to be able to see all the important information about each Item at once.
- Tree: Tree View is great for when you need a visual display of the hierarchy of your List. Expand and collapse the various hierarchical levels to highlight how your Items are nested within one another. Similar to List View, you can also add and remove columns and control exactly what information should be visible.
- Kanban: Bottlenecks are very easy to see with Kanban View, as some columns will have too many Items while others may not have enough. Great for wider Cards when you want to get an overview of which Items are in each status, and essential for building a Kanban Board.
- Gantt: Gantt View represents each Item in the List with a bar; the position and length of the bar reflect the Start Date, duration, and Due Date of the Item. Like Tree View, Gantt View also displays Items nested under their Parent. Great for when you want to highlight what has to be done (the Items) and when (the schedule).
- Calendar: Calendar View uses filters to generate a custom calendar showing the Items that are relevant in a day, week, or month-like view.