Make a copy of an existing Card.
If you want to make a new Card that is largely based (or identical to) an existing one, you can save time by copying the existing Card and adjusting the new copy as you see fit. You can even copy an Item or People List Card to a custom list.
Nested Board List Cards can not be copied.
When a Card is copied:
- The original Card will be unaffected
- If the Card is copied to the same Board, the copy will be placed in the top left position of the original Card's section.
- If the Card is copied to a different Board, the copy will be placed in the top left position of the Board.
- The new Card will retain any filters or configurations from the original.
- If a Chart Card is copied, the Chart itself will be copied as well. The new Card will then reference the new Chart.
When you Copy a Comment Card, the Comments will not carry over to the new Card.
Who can copy a Card?
Anyone who can see the original Card can copy it to any Board they have permission to edit.
The following people can edit a Board:
- The Board's Owner.
- The Board's Editors.
- Anyone with the "Board Administrator" permission for Boards in that Board's Location.
Boards can have up to 16 Cards. Once a Board has 16 Cards, you won't be able to add or copy additional Cards to that Board.
Copy a Card
Locate the Card with which you want to work, then:
- Click the ellipsis in the top right corner of the Card.
- Hover over Copy Card in the resulting drop-down menu and the menu will expand.
- To copy the Card to the current Board, click Copy to this Board. The new Card will be created and added to the top left position of the original Card's section of the Board.
- To copy the Card to another Board, hover over Copy to another Board and the menu will expand.
- Use the Choose Board field to search for and select the Board to which the new Card should be added. You will only be able to choose from the Boards you have permission to edit. Once the Board has been selected, the new Card will be created and added to the top left position of that Board.
- To copy an Item List Card or People List Card to a custom Item List or People List, click Copy to a List. A new custom list will be created and made accessible via either the Items menu (under "My Lists") or the People menu in the navigation bar.
- To copy an Item List Card to a custom Item List and subscribe to that list, click Copy to a List and Subscribe. A new custom list will be created and made accessible via the Items menu (under "My Lists") in the navigation bar and you will automatically be subscribed to it.