The Navigation Bar functions as the main hub to access different areas of KaiNexus.
Located across the top of the app, the Navigation Bar allows you to quickly access different areas of KaiNexus, create and search for Items, manage Bookmarks, stay up-to-date on Notifications, and access your User Profile.
What information is accessible in the Navigation Bar?
NOTE: Depending on your User Type, you may (or may not) have access to the 5 primary sections of KaiNexus: Boards, Items, People, Reports, and Admin.
From left to right, the Navigation Bar displays:
Logo & Organization Name
- By default, the KaiNexus logo is displayed in the top-left of the Navigation Bar. With the Branding Module enabled, you can replace it with your organization's name and logo.
- Click on the logo to go directly to your Default Board.
The Boards Section
Depending on your User Type and System Role permissions, you may use the Boards section to:
- Navigate your Boards
- Create a Board
- Only Users with a System Role that grants them the Create Boards permission or the Board Administrator permission will see the + Create Board option in the Board menu.
- Manage Boards
- Only Users with a System Role that grants them the Board Administrator permission will see the Manage Boards option in the Board menu.
The Items Section
- Depending on your User Type and System Role(s), you can use the Items drop-down menu to view and create Custom Item Lists.
The People Section
- Depending on your User Type and System Role(s), you can use the People drop-down menu to view and create Custom People Lists.
The Reports Section
- Depending on your User Type and System Role(s), you can view and create custom Reports.
PRO TIP: Track cost reduction, production, savings schedules, and multi-currency usage with the Advanced ROI Module.
The Admin Section
- Depending on your User Type and System Role(s), you can access the Admin section to perform administrative changes.
The Create button
- Click on the Create button to view a list of Item Templates you're authorized to create.
- Select an Item Template from the Create button drop-down menu to create an Item of that Template Type.
- If you do not see a drop-down menu of Items Templates to choose from, your organization has limited the options available to you.
- The Search Bar allows you to query KaiNexus for specific Items, Boards, and Users.
- To view all of your bookmarked Items, select the Bookmark icon to the left of your profile picture in the Navigation Bar.
- If you don’t have any bookmarked Items, the Bookmark icon will not be displayed in the Navigation Bar.
- Notifications are alerts for Items that need attention based on a User's System Role, Team Role, and Opt-In notification preferences. Notifications can be customized.
- To view in-app Notifications, select the Notification Bell in the Navigation Bar at the top of the app.
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right of the Navigation Bar to view information associated with your KaiNexus account, such as profile picture, username, email, User Type, Role(s), Network Location(s), and Badges.
Can the Navigation Bar be customized?
While the information displayed in the Navigation Bar is dependent on your User Type and System Role(s), the Branding Module allows your organization to:
- Replace the default KN logo with your organization's name and logo.
- Customize colors for the Create button, Notification Bell, Bookmark icon, and drop-down menus for Boards, Items, People, and Reports.
REQUIRED: Reach out to your Customer Experience Lead to enable the Branding Module!