The navigation bar functions as the main hub to access different areas of KaiNexus.
Located across the top of the app, the navigation bar allows you to quickly access different areas of KaiNexus, create and search for Items, manage Bookmarks, stay up-to-date on Notifications, and access your user profile.
What information is accessible in the navigation bar?
NOTE: Your User Type and System Role permissions determine what you see in the Navigation Bar and may preclude certain options from appearing.
From left to right, the Navigation Bar displays the following information.
Logo & Organization Name
By default, the KaiNexus logo and your organization's name are displayed in the Navigation Bar. However, your organization may have replaced this logo with its own or hidden the organization's name with the Branding Module.
Pro Tip: Click this logo from anywhere in the platform and you'll be taken directly to your default Board.
Wallboard and General Users' Navigation Bars will include the Boards option.
Click this option to expand the Boards menu. Use the Boards menu to:
- Click a Board's name to open it.
- If the Board has a lock icon, you do not have permission to access it but you do have permission to access a Board nested beneath it.
- If the Board has a folder icon, it has no Cards on it. You will only be able to access it if you have permission to add Cards to it.
- People with the "Create Boards" permission can:
- Click Create Board to create a new Board.
- Click Manage Boards to open the Manage Boards window.
General Users' Navigation Bars may include the Items option. The Items section is a full-screen, interactive filtration tool. It displays every Item in the system that you can access, allowing you to customize the display with filters, create new lists, and even share your lists with others.
This option will only appear:
- If an Item List has been shared with that User.
- If the user has the "Create Item Lists" permission.
Click Items to expand the Items menu.
- Click Last Viewed to open your most recently viewed Item List.
- Click All Items to open a List of all Items you have permission to see.
- Click any of your custom Lists to open it.
- Click Create List to create a new custom List. This option will only appear if you have the "Create Item Lists" permission.
General users' navigation bars will include the People option if they have the "View People" permission.
Click People to expand the People menu.
- Click All Users to see a list of all of your organization's users.
- Click any of your custom People List to open it.
- Click Create List to create a new custom People List.
General users' navigation bards will include the Reports option if they have the "View Report Data" and "Show on Navigation Bar" permissions.
Click Reports to open the Reports page.
General users' navigation bar may include the Admin option.
This option will only appear for General users with one or more of the following permissions:
- Local User Administrator
- Global User Administrator
- Quality Administrator
- System Administrator
Click Admin to open the Administration page.
The Create button
Capture and General users' navigation bars will include the Create button.
The Create button will not appear for users who don't have permission to create any Items. If you don't see this option, reach out to your Customer Success Manager for help troubleshooting.
Click Create to create a new Item.
- If you have permission to create Items of two or more Templates, a list of those Templates will appear. Click the name of the Template you want to use and its Create window will open.
- If you only have permission to create Items of one Template, that Template's Create window will open automatically.
Capture, Wallboard, and General users' navigation bars will include a search bar.
The search bar lets you see your recently viewed Items and Boards, see your recent search history, or search for Items, people, or Boards.
General users' navigation bars will include a bookmark icon if they have bookmarked one or more Item.
Click the bookmark icon to open a list of all Items you have bookmarked.
Capture and General users' navigation bars will include a Badge notifications icon if they have any Badge notifications less than 90 days old.
- The number of unread Badge notifications, if any, will be displayed on the Badge notifications icon.
- Click the Badge notifications icon to see your Badge notifications from the last 90 days.
Capture and General users' navigation bars will include an Item notifications icon.
Item notifications are alerts about Items that need your attention based on your Role, your affiliation with the Item, and your opt-in notification preferences.
- The number of unread Item notifications, if any, will be displayed on the Item notifications icon.
- Click the Item notifications icon to open your Notifications window.
Capture, Wallboard, and General users' navigation bars will include their profile pictures. If they haven't uploaded a profile picture, a placeholder image will appear instead.
Click your profile picture to open the user menu.
- Click User Profile to open your user profile.
- Click Feedback to submit a ticket to KaiNexus's support team.
- Click Support to navigate to KaiNexus's support site.
- Click Sign Out to log out of KaiNexus.
PRO TIP: People typically don't want passersby to log out of a Wallboard account, so the profile picture will appear grayed out and disabled. To access the user menu from a Wallboard account, click and hold the profile picture for several seconds.