Manage Boards allows you to view all of your public and private Boards at a high level and easily visualize how your Boards are nested in a Tree View-like structure.
NOTE: Only Users who have a System Role with the Board Administrator permission enabled will be able to Manage Boards.
How do I access the Manage Boards window?
To access the Manage Boards window:
- At the top of the app in the Navigation Bar, select Boards to reveal the Board drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the Board drop-down menu, select Manage Boards.
Board IconsThe Manage Boards window allows you to view all the different types of Boards in your system in a nested tree structure. Each Board is associated with a specific icon.
|Board Icon||Icon Description|
|The globe icon indicates Public Boards that are visible to every User in the system.|
|The people icon indicates Public Boards that are visibly restricted to a certain User(s), Role(s), and/or Network Location(s) in the system.|
|The single-person icon indicates Private Boards that are only visible to you.|
|The hidden eye icon indicates Boards that are hidden from visibility in the Boards drop-down menu.|
|The folder icon indicates Boards that nest other Boards.|
|The gold star icon indicates Boards that have been promoted in the Board drop-down picker for easier navigation.|
POP QUIZ: Can you tell which of the following Boards are Public, Restricted, Private, or Hidden?
Manage Boards at a Glance
In the Manage Boards window:
- Toggle between viewing your Public and Private Boards by clicking on the Public or Private buttons at the top left.
- Search for a Board by typing in the Search bar at the top of the window.
- Use the ^ or v to the right of the Search bar to quickly collapse or expand all of the Boards nested underneath the top-level Boards.
- In the top right corner, the ellipses icon will give you a drop-down of additional actions.
- Select Bulk Change to make bulk changes to multiple Boards.
- Select Refresh to refresh the Board list to reflect any new changes or updates that were made.
Click on a column header to reveal a menu with all available column options.
Click on the name of a Board to take you to that specific Board.
Hover over each of the Boards to reveal a hidden ellipses icon that will give you additional options that you can do to the Board.
- To expand and collapse the window, click the arrows in the top-right corner to the left of the x.
- To exit the window, click the x in the top-right corner.
Manage Boards Ellipses Menu
To perform quick actions on any Board in your Manage Boards window,
- Hover over a Board until the row is highlighted blue and an ellipses icon appears to the right of the Board name.
- Select the ellipses icon to bring up a list of quick actions you can perform on the Board from the Manage Boards window.
|Ellipses Menu Icon||Description|
|Select Edit to edit the Board.|
|Select Copy to copy the Board.|
|Select Share to share the Board.|
|Select Make Default Board to set that Board as the first thing you see when you log in to KaiNexus.|
|Select Clear Default Board to reset your Default Board.|
|Select Promote to push the Board to the top-level of the Board drop-down picker for quick and easy access. Promoted Boards will display a gold star icon next to the Board name.|
|If your Board has been promoted, select Unpromote to return the Board to its original rank in the Board tree structure.|
|Select Hide to prevent the Board from appearing in the Board drop-down picker.|
|If your Board is hidden, select Unhide to have the Board appear in the Board drop-down picker.|
|Select Delete to delete the Board.
CAUTION: This action cannot be undone.
Manage Boards Columns
Do you ever wonder how engaged Users are with your organization’s Boards? Within the Manage Boards window, there are sortable column options for:
Displays the date the Board was created.
Last Updated Date
- Displays the date the Board was last updated.
Last Viewed Date
- Displays the date the Board was last viewed.
# of Views
- Displays the number of views the Board has gotten within the last 90 days.
# of Users
- Displays the number of unique Users who have viewed the Board within the last 90 days.
PRO TIP: Click the # of Users next to a Board to pull up a List of the Users who have viewed that Board within the last 90 days.