Boards & Cards
- Users > User Management
- Users > Titles
- Users > Positions
- Users > Employment Statuses
- Users > Certifications
- System > General
- System > Timeline
- System > Login Notices
- System > Tooltip Customization
- System > API Keys
- Organization > Network
- Organization > Level Types
- Organization > Roles
- Organization > Goals
- Organization > Time Savings People
- Organization > Standard Work
- Organization > Weighted Scores
- Organization > Workflows
- Organization > Templates
- Organization > Fields
- Organization > Attributes
- Organization > Multi Chart Importer
The KaiNexus Mobile App
Copy a Board
Make a copy of an existing Board if you need to create a similar one.
If you want to make a new Board that is largely based on an existing one, you probably don't want to recreate the whole Board just to make a few changes. Instead, copy the existing Board and adjust the copy as you see fit.
When a Board is copied:
- The original Board will be unaffected.
- The new Board:
- Will be private. That means that only you will have access to it unless you update its configuration and share it.
- Will be a top-level Board. It's won't inherit the original Board's parent.
- You will be the new Board's Owner.
Who can copy a Board?
Anyone who can view the Board and has the "Create Boards" permission can make a copy of an existing Board.
What information will be copied?
- The Board's Cards, including their header configuration
- The Board's general settings (except for the parent), layout, and filters
- The default header configuration
If your Board has a Comment Card, only the Card itself will be copied onto the new Board. The Comments on the Card will not.
Copy a Board
Open the Board with which you want to work, then:
- Click Actions in the top right corner of the Board.
- Click Copy in the resulting drop-down menu and the Copy confirmation window will open.
- Click Copy. The new Board will be created and open automatically.