The Detail View is a way of looking at a list of Items in KaiNexus. With this view, you can quickly see important details within an individual Item and click between multiple Items within your list.
Only the most essential information is shown when a list of Items is in the Detail View. This includes each Item's:
- Status: The status will be written out and will also be indicated by the color of the bar next to each Item.
- Milestones: The current milestone, if any are included on the Item, and its status will be listed.
- Template: The Template's icon will appear beside each Item's name. Hover over that icon to see the Template's name.
- Key dates: Each Item's last updated date and one additional key date will be listed. The additional key date is chosen based on the Item's current status. For example, active Items' due dates and completed Items' completed dates will be shown.
- Key people: The most important team role (as determined by the Item's Team Type and current status) will be listed along with all the users in that role.
Working with the Detail View
- When in the Detail View, click any of the listed Items to open it.
When Item List Cards or Nested Item List panels are in the Detail View, clicking one of the listed Items will open that Item in a new window. For lists in the Items section, however, the clicked Item will be displayed on the right side of the page.
- To quickly update an Item without having to open it, right-click its name.
- Use the resulting Quick Edit drop-down to change the Item's status, edit its details, parent, Team, dates, or Locations, add a comment, archive the Item, or delete it.
For more information on using the Quick Edit drop-down, check out this article.
- To open an Item in a new tab on your browser, right-click its name, then click Open in a new tab in the resulting drop-down menu.
- To copy the direct link to an Item, right-click its name, then click Copy Link. The link will be copied to your clipboard.
Configuring the Detail View
To configure how Items are represented in the Detail View:
- Click the filter icon near the top of the list. If you do not see this option, you may need to first click Filters to expand the list's filters.
- In the resulting window, click the View Options header to expand it.
- Show Archived: Click one of the following radio buttons to decide whether the list should include archived Items.
- Exclude Archived: When selected, no archived Items will be included on the list.
- Only Archived: When selected, no unarchived Items will be included on the list.
- Both: When selected, archived Items and unarchived Items will be included on the list.
- Chart Visual: Select one of the following radio buttons to decide how Charts should be shown on the list.
- Default: When selected, Charts will appear on the list in the same format as any other type of Item, with the addition of a small thumbnail of the Chart.
- Chart Only: When selected, Charts will appear on the list with only their title and a larger Chart thumbnail; additional information, such as key dates and people, will not be included. All other types of Items will be unaffected by this setting.
- Click Save.
Pro Tip: Use Detail View to display a List of Charts. This allows viewers to see current Chart data by looking at the thumbnail instead of opening Items in the List individually. Whether your Charts are updated manually, through API, or the Multi Chart Importer, the most recent Chart data will always be presented in the thumbnail.