Quick filters make it easier for you to quickly apply and tweak the filter conditions you most commonly add to your Item list.
If you regularly apply the same types of filters to one of your custom lists, you may want those filters to just appear as quick filters at the top of the list so that you don't need to bother with the advanced Item filters every time.
The conditions set in the quick filters work in conjunction with the conditions set in the advanced Item filters. Items must meet the requirements of both the quick filters and the advanced Item filters to appear on the list.
Using the quick filters
To use the quick filters, navigate to the Items page and open the list with which you want to work.
The quick filters will appear at the top of the list as drop-down fields. If you don't see any quick filters, you may need to click Filters to expand the list's filters.
To apply a quick filter, click inside it to expand its options and select the value (or values) by which you want to filter the list. The list will automatically update to reflect this change.
If multiple quick filters are used, Items appearing on the list must meet the requirements of all those quick filters.
Configuring the quick filters
By default, a custom list includes the following quick filters:
- My Role on Team: Returns a list of Items for which you fulfilled a particular Team role.
- Status: Returns a list of Items that are currently in a particular status.
- Location: Returns a list of Items that are in a particular Network Location.
- Workflow: Returns a list of Items that are in a particular Workflow.
- Template: Returns a list of Items that use a particular Template.
However, you can add and remove quick filters to ensure that the filters to which you most want to have easy access are included.
Who can configure a list's quick filters?
Anyone who can access a list can temporarily add and remove quick filters, but these changes will not persist the next time they access the list and will not be visible to anyone else who accesses it.
Only people with permission to edit the list can permanently configure its quick filters. The following people can edit a list:
- Its Owner — typically the person who originally created it.
- Any of its Editors who have the "Create Item Lists" permission.
Add quick filters to a list
To add a quick filter to a list, navigate to the Items page and open the list with which you want to work. Then:
- Click the plus button to the right of the quick filters and a drop-down menu listing the available quick filters will open.
If you don't see the plus button or any quick filters, you may need to click Filters to expand the list's filters.
- Use the drop-down menu to search for and select the quick filter you want to add. When you click a quick filter's name, it will be added to the list.
A list can have up to 10 quick filters.
Delete quick filters from a list
To delete a quick filter from a list, navigate to the Items page and open the list with which you want to work. Then:
- Hover over the quick filter you want to delete and an x button will appear to its right.
- Click the x button and the quick filter will disappear from the list.
Save your changes
Remember that any changes you make to the quick filters will be temporary unless you save the list.
- If you don't have permission to create custom lists and edit the list with which you're working, you cannot save these changes.
- If you do have permission those permissions:
- If the list is set to autosave, your changes will be automatically saved.
- If the list is not set to use autosave, you will need to resave the list manually.
For more information on working with custom lists, check out this support article.