- What is continuous improvement?
- What does "KaiNexus" mean?
- One of my employees has been locked out of their account. How can I help them get back in?
- When one of my employees followed the link in their Account Activation or Password Reset email, they were told that the link had expired or had already been used. Why did that happen?
- Accessing your account
- Managing your work
If you have a question that isn't answered here, submit a ticket to our support team and we'll be happy to help!
What is continuous improvement?Continuous improvement is an organized approach to identifying opportunities for improvement to help an organization achieve its goals including:
- Increasing profits
- Reducing costs
- Saving time
- Accelerating innovation
- Enhancing the quality of a product or service
- Improving safety
- Increasing customer and employee satisfaction
What does "KaiNexus" mean?
The name "KaiNexus" comes from two words: "Kai" is a Japanese word meaning "change," and a "nexus" is a connection. So "KaiNexus" is a connection for change.
One of my employees has been locked out of their account. How can I help them get back into the system?
If you are User Administrator with permission to edit that person's KaiNexus profile, you can help them get back into the system yourself.
- If they have an email address associated with their KaiNexus account, send them a password reset email.
- If they don't have an associated email address, set a temporary password for them. You will need to alert the user as to their temporary password and instruct them to reset their password as soon as possible.
If you aren't able to edit that person's KaiNexus profile, you will need to reach out to an Administrator in your organization.
When one of my employees followed the link in their Account Activation or Password Reset email, they were told that the link had expired or had already been used. Why did that happen?
If your employee sees the error message "This link has expired or has already been used. Password reset and activation links are valid for 7 days and can only be clicked once," it means either:
- They clicked the link once before. They will need to request a new Account Activation or Password Reset email.
- Their email server security settings are set up to automatically test links embedded within received emails, using up the link's one-time validation before they had a chance to access it.
- They should request a new Account Activation or Password Reset email, then copy and paste the link written out in full beneath the embedded button. Sometimes, this allows people to get to the correct screen despite their server testing the link.
- If that doesn't work, you may need to reach out to your organization's IT Team to see if there is an email security software active on their device that can be configured to exclude the testing of links within emails received from KaiNexus.
How do I log in?
Log into KaiNexus by either:
- Going to your organization's unique login URL (eg. yourcompanyname.kainexus.com).
- Clicking the link in any email KaiNexus sends you, including your account activation email and your daily digests.
- Clicking a link on your organization or department's homepage (or workstation desktop).
I've been locked out of my account or forgotten my password How do I get back in?
- If you have an email address associated with your KaiNexus account, you can reset your password via email.
- If you don't have an associated email address, you will need to reach out to an Administrator in your organization. If you don't know who your Administrators are, reach out to our support team for help.
What kind of emails will I get from KaiNexus?
- A Digest email will be sent at least once a week (as determined by your notification preferences) and will contain any outstanding notifications. If you don't have any outstanding notifications, this email will not be sent.
- A Subscription email will be sent at least once a week (as determined by your notification preferences) and will contain links to any Boards or Lists to which you've subscribed. If you haven't subscribed to anything, this email will not be sent.
- Some time-sensitive notifications will be sent immediately after the event occurs.
- Other users may choose to send you an email when entering a comment on one of your Items or to notify you about an Item you may not have seen.
- Additional emails may be sent after certain events based on your notification preferences.
Can I change my notification preferences?
You can "opt-in" to additional notifications about Items for which you are not on the Team. This is a great way for Continuous Improvement Coaches and leaders to keep up-to-date on Items throughout their department or organization.
Each of your Roles may have default notification preferences configured by your organization, but you can customize your notification preferences to make sure you get the notifications you want when you want them.
For more information on configuring your notification preferences, check out this support article.
Can I change my default Board?
Your default Board is the first thing you will see when you log into KaiNexus.
Your default Board may initially have been configured as part of one of your Roles or by a User Administrator, but you can make any Board you have permission to see your default.
For more information on setting your default Board, check out this support article.
Can I respond to a comment, update, or note via email?
When people post a comment, update, or note on an Item, they have the opportunity to send an email notification separate from the digest to certain people. Typically, this option is chosen for the most important or time-sensitive messages.
When you receive one of these email notifications, you can respond directly from your email rather than following the link back to the Item in KaiNexus.
For more information on replying to comments, updates, and notes via email, check out this support article.