June 16th, 2023
Could this be our best release yet? We’ll leave it for you to decide. Twice the amount of time and effort went into our latest batch of enhancements, and we can’t wait any longer to share them with you. Let’s jump into the highlights!
- We have rebuilt our Goal functionality from the ground up. It’s easier than ever to set Goals for Locations within your organization and visualize progress toward those objectives on Goal Widgets and Impact by Location Reports.
- Value and Weighted Score Attributes can now be transformed into a checkbox or radio button, giving you more freedom when designing a User’s experience with an Item. Your Customer Success Manager will help you take advantage of Attribute formatting.
- You can now customize each Panel’s text, header, and border color on your Templates. This new feature is a fantastic opportunity to unify branding across the system, color-code workflows, and direct User attention to critical areas of an Item. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to add more color to your Templates.
- Are you tired of downloading an Item’s file attachment whenever you want to view it? If so, this is the enhancement for you. Now when you click on a PDF attached to an Item, a preview of the PDF will open. From there, you can review the file and have the option to download it if you desire.
- Adding new Comments to Items while viewing a List is simpler than ever. When you have the Last Comment, Last Update, or Last Note column included on your Item List, you can quickly add a new entry when you hover over the column.
- You can now copy and paste the URL in your browser’s address bar to share a Board, List, or Item. These links are now fully functional and will make it easier to share and collaborate.
- We know you love the Impact Summary Report, so we gave it an upgrade. The top of the Report now only displays Impact Categories for Impacts chosen in the Quick Filter. In addition, Impact Summary Report Cards can now show the pie chart, the Impact bars, or both. It’s your choice.
- When viewing a Board using a touchscreen, you will no longer accidentally move and resize Cards while scrolling through the Board.
- We made considerable improvements to the KaiNexus Mobile App. There are too many to list here, but a couple of our favorites are adding photos from your phone to any Text Area and seeing your ten most recently viewed Items in the Item Search.
- Our new Attribute Value API allows you to create, update, and export Attribute Values. This API will be valuable for organizations consistently changing the options available for their Items’ Attributes.
- In addition, we now offer Impact Value API, which allows you to create, update, and export Impact Values such as Time Savings People, Resources, Wastes, Environmental Impacts, Cycle Times, Tact Times, and Lead Times.
- There is a new page in the Admin section where you can create Goals and set targets for each Network Location to achieve. When creating a Goal, you will decide whether it is an Items Submitted, Items Completed, or Impact Goal, the time frame of the Goal, and other Goal criteria. You’ll also determine whether the Goal applies to only one Location or if it includes all its nested Locations as well.
- Visualize progress toward Item and Impact Goals using our new Goal Widget. When you add a Goal Widget to a Board, you can pick which of your organization’s Goals is displayed and see progress toward that Goal in the form of a gauge. Clicking on the gauge will populate a List of Items contributing toward the Goal.
- Tracking progress toward an Impact Goal is easy thanks to our enhancement to the Impact by Location Report. While building your Report, use the Goal dropdown to add Goal information. List view will display the Goal and % to Goal in the List, and Graph view will display Goal bars overlaid on the bar graph to visualize Goal progress.
- When exporting an Impact by Location Report, columns for Goal and % to Goal will be included if your organization has Impact Goals.
- You now have the option to transform Value and Weighted Score Attributes into a checkbox or radio button, giving you additional freedom when designing the experience a User has while filling out an Item. Using checkboxes creates a checklist experience, which is great for forms and audits containing many selections. Meanwhile, Radio Buttons display each option for an Attribute on the Item without hiding them in a drop-down menu. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to take advantage of Attribute formatting.
- We added a new Template configuration option that is great for Items requiring Users to respond to many Fields and Attributes in a row. Usually, when you select a Field or Attribute on the Work Panel of the Item, you complete it individually. This enhancement helps you design the Template so that the entire Details Panel opens when you select a Field or Attribute, allowing you to complete many entries simultaneously and reducing the number of clicks it takes to fill out an Item. This configuration is optional; your Customer Success Manager can help apply it to your Templates.
- The height of a Nested Item List will no longer be restricted when it appears on its own tab of an Item.
- You can now customize each Panel’s text, header, and border color on your Templates. This new feature is a fantastic opportunity to unify branding across the system, color-code workflows, and direct User attention to key areas of an Item. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to add more color to your Templates.
- When Boards are filtered by Impact Location, Widgets will now only display Impacts with a Location matching your selection on the Location Filter. Previously, Widgets included all Impacts on an Item when at least one had a matching Location.
- We are introducing a new Widget Type: People Count Widgets. Use a People Count to present the number of Users matching specific criteria. This allows you to display the number of Users with a particular Badge, Team Role, User Attribute, and more. Selecting the Widget will open a People List, allowing you to view each User in more detail.
- Are you tired of downloading an Item’s file attachment whenever you want to view it? If so, this is the enhancement for you. Now when you click on a PDF attached to an Item, a preview of the PDF will open. From there, you can review the file and have the option to print or download it if you desire.
- We enhanced user experience in the Notifications Window by correcting the space given to action buttons such as Like, Acknowledge, Comment, and Copy. This improves the visual of the action buttons appearing when you hover over a notification.
- When making an Item List that filters for Impact Location, you can now specify whether that Impact Location is defined on the Target, Forecast, or Actual Resolution of the Item.
- Any Quick Filters on a Board will now appear in the expanded view of stacked Item List Cards, allowing you to change the filters as you view the List in full screen.
- You can now expand the Item Filter and User Filter to full screen. This extra space is helpful when you are building complex filters.
- We made building multiple Groups of criteria in the Item Filter easier. When you want to add another Group of criteria with subtle differences from the previous Group, you can now copy the Group. This allows you to tweak the criteria without rebuilding the Group from scratch.
- Adding new Comments to Items while viewing a List is simpler than ever. When you have the Last Comment, Last Update, or Last Note column included on your Item List, you can quickly add a new entry when you hover over the column. This feature works even when the Item has no existing Comments, Updates, or Notes.
- When you create a new Item through Quick Create on a Nested Item Panel, the new Item will inherit the necessary Attributes and Parents to appear in the Panel immediately. This is the same functionality used for creating nested Items using the + button on the Panel.
- You can now use Quick Create in the expanded view of a Nested Item List Panel.
- We made significant improvements to navigating the desktop app using a touchscreen. KaiNexus can now identify when you are using a touchscreen and will automatically show icons and buttons that normally only appear when you hover over them with a mouse.
- You can now copy and paste the URL in your browser’s address bar to share a Board, List, or Item. These links are fully functional and will make it easier to collaborate.
- Previously, the URL in your browser’s address bar did not correspond to the Item when viewing that Item in a modal. Now the URL presented will link to the Item regardless of how it’s being viewed.
- When building an Impact Over Time Report for Impacts with multiple Impact Values, you can now pick which Impact Values appear on the Report. As part of our enhancements to this Report, we added the ability to include all Financial or all Soft Savings Impacts when you select which Impacts are on the Report.
- Several Report Cards now allow you to sort the order of data rows on Reports in List view.
- You can now simultaneously select Originating and Responsible as the Location Type for Impact by Location Reports.
- We added the ability to select Impact as the Location Type to more Reports.
- We improved how Item Lists are generated from Impact Reports in List view to ensure the filter applies the correct Resolution Type.
- We tweaked the functionality of the “All Time” filter in Reports so that only Items containing your preferred reference date, such as the Due Date or Complete Date, are pulled into the Report. If an Item’s reference date is not defined, it will not appear in the Report.
- We made significant improvements to the Impact Summary Report. The top of the Report now only displays Impact Categories for Impacts chosen in the Quick Filter. In addition, Impact Summary Report Cards can now show the pie chart, the Impact bars, or both. It’s your choice.
- We added a User Filter to User Engagement Summary Reports, helping you track engagement based on System Roles, Team Roles, Badges, and more.
- The Bowling view of “Impact by” Reports now supports all Impact Types.
- Selecting Adhoc as the Attribute Type on Report Filters now successfully brings in data for an Item using that Attribute in an Adhoc field.
- If your organization uses the Branding Module to replace the KaiNexus logo with your organization's logo, the custom logo will now replace the Kainexus logo on the loading screen.
- You can now add Originating, Responsible, and Impact Location toggles to the Location Filter on any Board. This will help you filter the Board by a certain Location Type. Turn on these toggles in the Edit Board menu.
- When viewing a Board using a touchscreen device, you will no longer accidentally move and resize Cards while scrolling through the Board.
- You can now create up to ten Custom Team Roles and add them as additional Team Roles on your Templates, giving you more flexibility when designing how Item Teams are structured. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager for help with configuration.
- We added the ability to mass-update translations. You can download your organization’s existing translations using the Save XLSX button on the Translations Admin Page and work from the spreadsheet to make updates. Your Customer Success Manager can then facilitate the import of your translations into KaiNexus.
- Adding images to your Item submissions on the mobile app is now easier. Tap the image icon within any Text Area to attach an existing photo from your phone or take a new one.
- When you select a KaiNexus Item link using your phone and have our mobile app installed, the Item now opens in the mobile app instead of your internet browser. You won’t need to enter the org code; you can simply log in.
- You can now dismiss Tooltips in the mobile app by tapping anywhere on the screen.
- When you search for Items in the mobile app, you will see your ten most recently viewed Items, giving you quick access to Items you have recently interacted with.
- We enhanced the success screen shown after you submit an Item in the mobile app. The success screen now displays buttons where you can choose whether to view the Item, return to the home screen, or create another Item.
- Tapping a data point on a chart while using the mobile app will now populate a tooltip including the data point's value, making it easier to view Charts on mobile.
- We made it easier to see who has Liked or Acknowledged an Item by making the number of reactions easier to tap.
- When you review your notifications using the mobile app, the Like, Acknowledge, Comment, and Copy icons are now always visible.
- You no longer need to tap “Done” after defining a single-select Attribute on the mobile app.
- If you skip a required field while creating an Item on the mobile app, your screen will scroll to the missing field so you can find it easier.
- We rounded out our enhancements to the mobile app by making other minor User Interface adjustments.
- Boards you visit will no longer appear in other Users' Recently Viewed Boards list.
- We fixed a bug that was incorrectly granting edit access on Templates with certain Item Teams.
- Certain actions made on Item Lists were causing the app to enter a bad state, so we fixed the issue.
- We corrected a bug causing issues with the inline editing of Notes and Updates.
- Specific Boards gave errors while exporting Cards to PDF, so we resolved the issue.
- Previewing the PDF of Board exports now works as intended.
- When you Bulk Defer Items, the Review Date will now be added to each Item successfully.
- When editing Impact Unit Widgets, the Impact Value field no longer appears blank when it should hold a selection.
- We fixed a scrolling issue in the Add New Widget window.
- We squashed a bug interfering with the display of ROI on Widgets.
- Expanded Widget Cards now correctly apply Board Filters.
- We fixed a bug that affected the loading indicator in the Mobile App.
- You can now Complete an Item with No Change, even if a Milestone is blocking a Status.
- Notifications now always respect Custom Team Terminology.
- You can now successfully use Attributes within an AdHoc Field on the Mobile App.
- In certain situations, Custom Impact Columns were not filtering data correctly. We fixed the issue so that the correct Impacts are always displayed.
- Removing one Quick Filter in the Items section no longer clears any additional Filters.
- Previously deleted Fishbone Diagrams will no longer automatically reappear due to the Template setting that displays Fishbone Diagrams by default on new Items.
- We fixed a bug causing certain Reports to provide Item Lists that don’t respect the Only Complete checkbox.
- Adding a minimum or maximum number in the Team Role portion of the User Filter no longer causes issues while loading Reports.
- We fixed a bug causing Report Cards not to show data when certain selections were made in the User Filter.
- The Item Filter within the User Filter no longer empties after saving a Report Card.
- The Location Type filter in Reports is now applied to Item Lists generated by Reports as intended.
- We fixed a bug in Impact Summary Report Cards that was causing criteria in the Item Filter not to persist when certain actions were made on the Card.
- Column Totals in the Bowling view of Impact by Location Reports no longer double-count Impacts when selecting the Location & Below checkbox.
- Banners notifying you that a new Weighted Score is available on an Item will no longer appear when the Weighted Score is auto-created.
- We corrected a bug causing “Unknown Process” Impacts to be displayed incorrectly in an Item’s Resolution.
- Selecting “Cancel” on the Edit window of certain Impacts without saving your work will no longer clear the Impact from the Item.
- You can now inline edit Attributes added to AdHoc Fields while viewing an Item List.