See how long it takes people's Items to pass through their lifecycle.
The Cycle Time by Person Report lets you see the average time it takes for a person's Items to be completed and how long they remain in each status.
Example of a Cycle Time by Person Report.
Who can access this Report?
Anyone with the "View Report Data" permission will be able to see this Report.
This Report can be accessed under the Activity section of the Reports page. It can also be added as a Card on a Board.
Working with the Report
This Report displays the total amount of time a user's Items take to be completed, the amount of time their Items are considered "in progress," and the amount of time their Items spend in each status. For this Report:
- Total: Represents the average time a user's Items take to go from the New to the Completed status, including the time spent in the Planned and Deferred statuses, but not the Draft status.
- In Progress: Represents the average time a user's Items take to go from the New to the Completed status, not including the time spent in the Planned, Deferred, or Draft statuses.
This Report can tell you a lot about the health of your improvement culture:
- People who take significantly longer to complete Items or whose Items spend a long time in the Overdue status may need additional coaching or may need help deligating their work.
- People whose Items spend a long time in the New or Resolution Submitted status may indicate a bottleneck. Their team leader or manager may need additional coaching.
Any relevant filters in use on the main Reports screen will be automatically applied to this Report but can still be configured as needed.
- There are two date-based drop-downs. First is the "Reference Date" drop-down and second is the "Range" drop-down.
- Reference Date: Expand the drop-down to choose which type of date should be referenced by the Report. For example, select "Created in" if you want the Report to reference only those Items that were created in the specified date range.
- Range: Expand the drop-down to choose the range of dates that should be included in the Report.
- Workflow: Expand the drop-down to choose which workflows should be included in the Report.
- Template: Expand the drop-down to choose which Templates should be included in the Report.
- Click the filter icon, and the Item Filter window will open.
- Update the item filters to control which Items are included in the Report's metrics.
- Click Save.
- Click the user icon, and the User Filter window will open.
- Update the user filters to control which users will be listed in the Report.
- Click Save.
- Click the Locations panel on the left side of the Report to expand it.
- Filter the Report by Location and only Items tied to the selected Locations will be included in the Report.
- By default, the Report will display data from Items where each user has filled any Team Role. Use the Team Role selections to specify whether only certain Team Roles should be considered when compiling Report data.
- If the Team Role is highlighted in gray, Items where the user has filled that Team Role are included in the Report data.
- Select one of the Team Roles highlighted in gray to toggle off that Team Role. Items where each user has filled that Team Role will no longer be included in the Report data.
- You can pick any combination of Team Roles using the toggles.
- If you want to turn on all Team Roles or turn off all Team Roles but one, hover over one of the Team Roles.
- Select Only to turn off all other Team Roles besides the one you selected.
- Select All to turn on all Team Roles.
Share the Report
To share the Report, select the ellipsis icon. In the resulting drop-down menu, you can export the Report as a PDF, download it as an XLSX file, or copy it to a Board.
- Select Print/Save PDF to export the Report as a PDF. The "Print" window will open.
- Page Size: Expand the drop-down to choose your preferred page size.
- Scale: Expand the drop-down to choose the scale percentage. This allows you to fit more content on a single page. For example, selecting 50% doubles the amount of content you can fit on one page. Make sure to select "Fit to page" in your browser's print settings.
- Click either Portrait or Landscape to choose the PDF's orientation.
- Click Print.
The Location of the Report will appear on the exported PDF beneath the Report title.
- Select Save XLSX to export the Report as a spreadsheet document.
- Select Copy to Board to add the Report as a Card on a Board.
- In the resulting window, select a Board. All Boards that you have permission to edit will appear as options.
- Select Copy to add the Report to your selected Board. All filters and columns included on the Report will be carried over to the Card.
- The Report Card will appear at the Board's top left corner.