- Help Center
- Boards & Cards
- Card Management
Boards & Cards
- Users > User Management
- Users > Titles
- Users > Positions
- Users > Employment Statuses
- Users > Certifications
- System > General
- System > Timeline
- System > Login Notices
- System > Tooltip Customization
- System > API Keys
- Organization > Network
- Organization > Level Types
- Organization > Roles
- Organization > Time Savings People
- Organization > Standard Work
- Organization > Weighted Scores
- Organization > Fields
- Organization > Attributes
- Organization > Multi Chart Importer
The KaiNexus Mobile App
Add a Card
Learn how to add a new Card to a Board
Customizing your Boards with a variety of Cards enhances their visual effectiveness and functionality. Whether you are adding a Card to an existing Board or creating a new Board from scratch, this article will teach you how to add Cards.
Pro Tip: Boards can have up to 16 Cards. Once a Board has 16 Cards, you won't be able to add another Card.
Who can add a Card?
The following Users can add a Card to a Board:
- The Board's Owner(s)
- The Board's Editor(s)
- Anyone with the "Board Administrator" permission for Boards in that Board's Location.
Pro Tip: Users with the Card Administrator System Role Permission can only edit Cards, not add new ones.
How to add a Card
- To add a new Card to a Board, select + Add at the top right of the Board.
- In the dropdown, select the type of Card you want to add.
- You can customize the information your Card will display in the resulting window. Depending on what type of Card you selected, the new Card window will look different. We recommend checking out the articles below to learn how to customize each type of Card:
- Once you are finished customizing, select Add.
Pro Tip: When you add a Nested Board List Card or Comments Card, there is no additional new Card window. The Card will be automatically added to the Board.
Are there any other ways to add a Card?
There are a few ways you can add a Card to a Board beside using the + Add button. You can:
- Add a Custom List as an Item List Card. Check out this article to learn how.
- Add a People List as a People List Card. Check out this article to learn how.
- Copy a Card from the same Board or a different Board. Check out this article to learn how.