Track who is contributing a lot and who could be more engaged.
The Activity by Person Report helps you review your team's activity, including detailed breakdowns of how many Items each person is participating on, the Statuses of those Items, whether those Items resulted in Change, and more.
Example of an Activity by Person Report in List view. For each person in the Report, you can see their total number of Items and information about those Items, including a Status Bar.
Who can access this Report?
Anyone with the "View Report Data" permission will be able to see this Report.
This Report can be accessed under the Activity section of the Reports page. It can also be added as a Card on a Board.
Working with the Report
- Understand the Report's views
- Use filters to control which data are referenced by the Report
- See a list of Items referenced by the Report
- Share the Report
This Report has two views. Click the name of the view you want to see to toggle between them.
- List: Shows the total number of Items on which each user has filled the specified role, the number of those Items which resulted in a change, the percentage of those Items which resulted in a change, and a status bar showing the current status of each of those Items.
- Hover over a column's header and click the caret icon, then hover over Columns to add and remove columns from the list, or click Sort Ascending or Sort Descending to sort the list by that column in ascending or descending order.
- Graph: Displays the selected data as a bar graph.
- Display as Bar: Expand the drop-down to select the dataset that should be represented on the graph. By default, this Report will show the total number of Items per user.
- Sort: Expand the drop-down to select by which criterion this dataset should be ordered.
- Max: Enter the number of data points that should be represented on this graph. By default, this Report will show 15 data points, but it can be configured to show 1-50.
- Show Values: When enabled, the value of each data point will be displayed on the graph.
Regardless of the view, you should look for:
- People who submit lots of Items that result in no change. They might need coaching on what continuous improvement is and how to come up with implementable ideas.
- People who submit lots of Items that result in changes - give these employees a shout-out!
- People who have lots of new or overdue Items. This may be indicative of a bottleneck.
Any relevant filters in use on the main Reports screen will be automatically applied to this Report but can still be configured as needed.
- There are two date-based drop-downs. First is the "Reference Date" drop-down and second is the "Range" drop-down.
- Reference Date: Expand the drop-down to choose which type of date should be referenced by the Report. For example, select "Created in" if you want the Report to reference only those Items that were created in the specified date range.
- Range: Expand the drop-down to choose the range of dates that should be included in the Report.
- Workflow: Expand the drop-down to choose which workflows should be included in the Report.
- Template: Expand the drop-down to choose which Templates should be included in the Report.
- Select the filter icon, and the Item Filter window will open.
- Update the item filters to control which Items are included in the Report's metrics.
- Click Save.
- Select the user icon, and the User Filter window will open.
- Update the user filters to control which users will be listed in the Report. Each user that meets the filter criteria will appear as rows or bars on the Report, depending on which view is selected.
- Click Save.
- Click the Locations panel on the left side of the Report to expand it.
- Filter the Report by Location; only Items tied to the selected Locations will be included.
- By default, the Report will display data from Items where each user has filled any Team Role. Use the Team Role selections to specify whether only certain Team Roles should be considered when compiling Report data.
- If the Team Role is highlighted in gray, Items where the user has filled that Team Role are included in the Report data.
- Select one of the Team Roles highlighted in gray to toggle off that Team Role. Items where each user has filled that Team Role will no longer be included in the Report data.
- You can pick any combination of Team Roles using the toggles.
- If you want to turn on all Team Roles or only to include one Team Role, hover over one of the Team Roles.
- Select Only to turn off all other Team Roles besides the one you selected.
- Select All to turn on all Team Roles.
See a list of Items referenced by the Report
When in the List view:
- Click a user's Total, Complete Change, or Change (%) values to see a list of all their Items contributing to that metric.
- Hover over a segment of a user's status bar to open a tooltip that lists the number of Items it includes.
- Click a segment of a user's status bar to open a list of all Items that it includes.
When in the Graph view:
- Hover over a bar or bar segment to open a tooltip that lists its exact value.
- Click a bar or bar segment to open a list of all Items that it includes.
Share the Report
To share the Report, select the ellipsis icon. In the resulting drop-down menu, you can export the Report as a PDF, download it as an XLSX file, or copy it to a Board.
- Select Print/Save PDF to export the Report as a PDF. The "Print" window will open.
- Page Size: Expand the drop-down to choose your preferred page size.
- Scale: Expand the drop-down to choose the scale percentage. This allows you to fit more content on a single page. For example, selecting 50% doubles the amount of content you can fit on one page. Make sure to select "Fit to page" in your browser's print settings.
- Click either Portrait or Landscape to choose the PDF's orientation.
- Click Print.
The Location of the Report will appear on the exported PDF beneath the Report title.
- Select Save XLSX to export the Report as a spreadsheet document. This option is only available in the List view.
- Select Copy to Board to add the Report as a Card on a Board.
- In the resulting window, select a Board. All Boards that you have permission to edit will appear as options.
- Select Copy to add the Report to your selected Board. All filters and columns included on the Report will be carried over to the Card.
- The Report Card will appear at the Board's top left corner.
Activity by Person Report Cards
Activity by Person Reports can also be added as a Card on Boards.
When adding an Activity by Person Report Card to a Board, you use the same filters discussed in this article to build the Report. However, you will have an additional Sort option when the Report is in List view.
- Sort: Use the drop-down to decide by which criteria the Report should be ordered. For example, sorting by Name will result in a list of people in alphabetical order.