Track which Personas are the most active in your organization and whether their participation levels match expectations
In addition to measuring the activity of People, Locations, and Templates, you can also evaluate activity by Persona. Personas are a great way to classify Users who may have vastly different goals and responsibilities based on their role in improvement, whether as frontline workers, team leaders, or executives. Use Activity by Persona Reports to compare the contributions of each Persona type to your organization's improvement efforts.
An Activity by Persona Report shows you the number of Items completed by each of your organization’s Personas, the percentage of those Items that resulted in Change, and Item Status by Persona. At a glance, you can identify bottlenecks, which Personas are involved with high impact Items, and whether a Persona within your organization needs to be more engaged.
Example of an Activity by Persona Report. For each Persona in the Report, you can see its total number of Items and information about those Items, including a Status Bar.
Who can access this Report?
Anyone with the "View Report Data" Permission can see this Report and access it under the Activity section of the Reports page.
To display the Report on a Board, add it as a Card.
Working with the Report
- Understand the Report views
- Control what data is displayed on the Report by using Filters
- See a List of Items referenced by the Report
- Share the Report
Choose the Report view
The Activity by Persona Report has two views: List and Graph. To toggle between them, click the name of the view you want to see.
- List view shows the number of Items on which each Persona has filled a specified Team Role, how many and what percent of those Items resulted in change, and a Status Bar, which displays the current Status for the referenced Items.
- To customize the columns appearing on the List view, hover over a column’s header and click the dropdown. Select Columns to add or remove columns from the list, and select Sort Ascending or Sort Descending to sort the list by that column in ascending or descending order.
- Graph view displays the data as a bar graph.
- Display as Bar: Expand the drop-down to select which dataset the report will represent. The default dataset is total number of Items per user.
- Sort: Expand the drop-down to select the criterion you want the dataset ordered by.
- Show Values: When enabled, the value of each data point will be displayed on the graph.
Regardless of the view, you should look for:
- Personas that submit a lot of Items resulting in no change. They might need coaching on what continuous improvement is and how to come up with implementable ideas.
- Personas who submit a lot of Items that result in change. Consider why this Persona initiates a lot of change and whether that can be replicated in the work of other Personas.
- Personas who have a lot of new or overdue Items. This may be indicative of a bottleneck.
Add Filters to customize your Report
Any relevant Filters active on the main Reports screen will automatically be applied to your Report, but you can add additional Filters as needed.
- Two date-based drop-downs will Filter the Report for data within a specified time frame.
- Reference Date: Expand the drop-down to choose which type of date should be referenced by the Report. For example, select “Created in” if you want the Report to reference only Items that were created in the specified date range.
- Range: Expand the drop-down to choose the range of dates that should be included in the Report.
- Workflow: Expand the drop-down to choose which Workflows should be included in the Report.
- Template: Expand the drop-down to choose which Templates should be included in the Report.
- Click the filter icon to open the Item Filter window.
- Update the Item filters to control which Items are included in the Report’s metrics. For example, you could reference only the Items in specific statuses or Items with specific Impact Types.
- Click Save.
- Click the user icon to open the User Filter window.
- Update the User filters to control which users are included when compiling data per Persona in the Report. For example, you could specify certain System Roles or individual people, allowing you to create highly granular Reports.
- Click Save
- Select the arrow on the Location Filter on the left side of the Report to expand it.
- Filter the Report by Location to view the data for specific Locations within your organization.
- By default, the Report will display data from Items where each Persona has filled any Team Role. Use the Team Role selections to specify whether only certain Team Roles should be considered when compiling data.
- If the Team Role is highlighted in gray, Items where the Persona has filled that Team Role are included in the Report data.
- Select one of the Team Roles highlighted in gray to toggle off that Team Role. Items where each Persona has filled that Team Role will no longer be included in the Report data.
- You can pick any combination of Team Roles using the toggles.
- If you want to turn on all Team Roles or turn off all Team Roles but one, hover over one of the Team Roles.
- Select Only to turn off all other Team Roles besides the one you selected.
- Select All to turn on all Team Roles.
See a List of Items referenced by the Report
When in the List View:
- Click the number representing a Persona’s Total, Complete Change, or Change (%) to see a List of all their Items included in the metric.
- Hover over a segment of a Persona’s Status Bar to open a tooltip that lists the number of Items included in the segment.
- Click a segment of a Persona’s Status Bar to open a List of all Items included in the segment.
When in the Graph view:
- Hover over a bar or bar segment to open a tooltip that shows its exact value.
- Click a bar or bar segment to open a List of all Items it includes.
Share the Report
To share the Report, select the ellipsis icon. In the resulting drop-down menu, you can export the Report as a PDF, download it as an XLSX file, or copy it to a Board.
- Select Print/Save PDF to export the Report as a PDF. The "Print" window will open.
- Page Size: Expand the drop-down to choose your preferred page size.
- Scale: Expand the drop-down to choose the scale percentage. This allows you to fit more content on a single page. For example, selecting 50% doubles the amount of content you can fit on one page. Make sure to select "Fit to page" in your browser's print settings.
- Click either Portrait or Landscape to choose the PDF's orientation.
- Click Print.
The Location of the Report will appear on the exported PDF beneath the Report title.
- Select Save XLSX to export the Report as a spreadsheet document. This option is only available in the List view.
- Select Copy to Board to add the Report as a Card on a Board.
- In the resulting window, select a Board. All Boards that you have permission to edit will appear as options.
- Select Copy to add the Report to your selected Board. All filters and columns included on the Report will be carried over to the Card.
- The Report Card will appear at the Board's top left corner.
Activity by Persona Report Cards
Activity by Persona Reports can also be added as a Card on Boards.
When adding an Activity by Persona Report Card to a Board, you use the same filters discussed in this article to build the Report. However, you will have an additional Sort option when the Report is in List view.
- Sort: Use the drop-down to decide by which criteria the Report should be ordered. For example, sorting by Total will result in a list where the Persona with the most Items is listed first.