View trends in the number of Items and the status of those Items over time.
The Activity Over Time Report lets you review the statuses of Items to see the growth of your improvement culture and identify potential bottlenecks.
Who can access this Report?
Anyone with the "View Report Data" permission will be able to see this Report.
This Report can be accessed under the Activity section of the Reports page. It can also be added as a Card on a Board.
Working with the Report
- Understand the Report's views
- Use filters to control which data are referenced by the Report
- See a list of Items referenced by the Report
- Export the Report
This Report has four views which each display different measures of activity. Click the name of the view you want to see to toggle between them.
- Total: Shows the total number of Items over time that meet all filter requirements.
- A sudden dip in activity could be indicative of a slump in your organization's improvement culture.
- Statuses: Shows the total number of Items over time that meet all filter requirements divided up by status.
- The more Active, Planned, and Complete Items, the better.
- Items that have been Overdue or New for a long time could be indicative of a bottleneck.
- On Time: Shows the total number of Items over time that meet all filter requirements divided up by whether they're "on time" or not.
"On Time" means that the Item is either still in progress and that the current date is before or equal to its due date, or that it was completed before or on its due date.
"Not On Time" means that the Item is either currently Overdue, it's currently Planned but the current date is after its due date, or it was completed after its due date.
- Lots of "not on time" Items could be indicative of a bottleneck and/or of an opportunity for coaching.
- Attribute: Shows the total number of Items over time that meet all filter requirements and are tagged with a value from the selected Attribute divided up by that value. No data will be shown on this view until you select an Attribute from the Attribute drop-down.
Any relevant filters in use on the main Reports screen will be automatically applied to this Report but can still be configured as needed.
- There are three date-based drop-downs. From left to right, there's the "Reference Date" drop-down, the "Range" drop-down, and the "Interval" drop-down.
- Reference Date: Expand the drop-down to choose which type of date should be referenced by the Report. For example, select "Created in" if you want the Report to reference only those Items that were created in the specified date range.
- Range: Expand the drop-down to choose the range of dates that should be included in the Report.
- Interval: Expand the drop-down to choose the interval, or "buckets," by which the Report should be organized.
- Workflow: Expand the drop-down to choose which workflows should be included in the Report.
- Template: Expand the drop-down to choose which Templates should be included in the Report.
- Select Originating or Responsible to decide whether the Report should reference Items from the Originating or Responsible Location.
- Originating and Responsible will be the default selection.
- If no Location is selected in the Location Picker or Item Filter, the Originating and Responsible toggles will not affect Report data.
- Click the filter icon and the Item Filter window will open.
- Update the filters to control which Items are included in the Report.
- Click Save.
- Click the Locations panel on the left side of the Report to expand it.
- Filter the Report by Location and only Items tied to the selected Locations will be included in the Report.
- Attribute: Expand the drop-down to choose which Attribute(s) should be referenced by this Report. This option is only available when in the Attribute view.
See a list of Items referenced by the Report
Click any of the bars or bar segments on this Report to open a list of all Items that it includes.
You can also hover over a bar or bar segment to open a tooltip that lists the number of Items it includes and the exact date range to which it relates.
Export the Report
To export the Report as a PDF, click the printer icon and the "Print" window will open.
- Page Size: Expand the drop-down to choose your preferred page size.
- Scale: Expand the drop-down to choose the scale percentage. This allows you to fit more content on a single page. For example, selecting 50% doubles the amount of content you can fit on one page. Make sure to select "Fit to page" in your browser's print settings.
- Click either Portrait or Landscape to choose the PDF's orientation.
- Click Print.
The Location of the Report will appear on the exported PDF beneath the Report title.