The timeline is an audit trail keeping track of every significant event that happens to an Item. It allows you to see who did what to an Item and when they did it.
How do I access an Item's Timeline?
Open the Item with which you want to work, then navigate to the timeline by scrolling down in the main tab or by selecting the Timeline tab.
What can I learn from the Timeline?
- If there is an entry that has been added since you last looked at the Item, this new entry will be marked with a blue dot. This helps you spot the recent updates quickly.
- If you want to see more entries, select Show All at the bottom of the Timeline. The number in parentheses is the total number of Timeline entries.
- To return to the recent entries only view, select Show Less.
- When you see an underlined entry on the Timeline, hover over it to reveal more detailed information.
- In the screenshot above the Timeline entry indicates that on January 4, 2022, at 12:41 p.m., the User Greg Jacobson added Marketing as a new Responsible Location. Prior to this action, Product Management was the only Responsible Location.
How do I search within the Timeline?
To search the Timeline, click the magnifying glass icon to reveal a search bar where you can type a keyword of something you are looking for within the Timeline.
Type into the search bar to pull up related Timeline entries.
How do I delete a Timeline entry?
NOTE: You must have permission to edit the Item (either by your Team Role or Role permissions) AND have a Role that grants you the Timeline Administrator permission.
To delete a timeline entry, open the Item with which you want to work, then:
- Hover over the Timeline entry so that the entry is highlighted blue.
- Click the x to the right of the entry.
- In the resulting window, select Delete.
CAUTION: If you delete a Timeline entry, it will be removed from the Timeline with no indication that the entry was ever there. This action cannot be undone.