Create a Monthly Goal to track submissions and financial impact at any level of your organization.
Warning: This support page describes an outdated version of Goals. We recommend visiting this article to learn about our new Goal functionality.
KaiNexus has the ability to set goals for improvement submissions and/or financial impact at any level of the organization. These Activity Goals and Impact Goals can be configured at the Network Location level and are measured on a monthly basis. Using this feature increases long-term vision and short-term motivation to ensure the success of your improvement culture.
- Goals can be configured at the Network Location level
- Goals can be displayed on the Impact Over Time Report
Manage Locations' Monthly Goals
Who can manage a Network Location's Monthly Goal?
Anyone with the "Quality Administrator" permission can edit a Network Location and manage its Goals.
People with other Administrator permissions may be able to access the Network Administrator page, but will not be able to make changes to it.
Manage a Network Location's Monthly Goal
To manage an existing Network Location's Monthly Goal, navigate to the Network administration page, then:
- Hover over the Location with which you want to work so that it is highlighted blue, then click the pencil icon that appears to its right and the Edit Location window will open.
- In the resulting window:
- To add a new Monthly Goal, click the plus icon in the top right corner of the Monthly Goals panel and the Create Monthly Goal window will open.
- Type (required): Expand the drop-down and select whether this Goal is based on "Improvement Count" (the number of Items submitted in this Location) or "Financial Impact" (the financial impact recorded in the Resolutions of Items in this Location).
- Location & Below Goal (required): Enter a Goal for the number of completed Items per month of the financial impact per month (depending on what you chose as the Type above) for this Location and its nested Locations. The work done in this Location and in any Locations nested below it will count towards this Goal.
- Location Goal (required): Enter a Goal for the number of completed Items per month of the financial impact per month (depending on what you chose as the Type above) for this Location. Only the work done in this Location will count towards this Goal.
- When should the Goal start? (required): Enter the date on which this Goal should begin being tracked.
- When should the Goal end? (required): Enter the date on which this Goal should stop being tracked.
- Currency: This option is only available if your organization has multiple currencies enabled and if you selected the "Financial Impact" Type above.
Expand this drop-down to select the Currency that should be used for this Goal.
- Impact: This option is only available if you selected the "Financial Impact" Type above.
Expand this drop-down to select which Impact Type should count towards this Goal.
- Click Save.
- To edit an existing Monthly Goal, hover over it and click the pencil icon that appears to its right. In the resulting window, update any of the information described above.
- To delete an existing Monthly Goal, hover over it and click the x icon that appears to its right.
- Click Save.
View Monthly Goals on the Impact Over Time Report
Who can access this Report?
Anyone with the "View Report Data" and "View Impact" permissions will be able to see this Report.
This Report can be accessed under the Impact section of the Reports page. It can also be:
Working with the Report
- The Goal line will only appear if the Report is filtered by a Location that has a Goal configured and if the date range used on the Report aligns with that configured on the Goal.
For more information on filtering a Report by Location, check out this support
- The Goal will appear as a yellow line when in the Report's "Total" View.