Use a nesting structure to organize your items.
A "parent" is the Item that is one level above another Item. Put another way, Items are "nested" under their parent.
Typically, this nesting structure is used to organize and keep track of the smaller components of a more large-scale effort. For example, if you are tracking a project to increase office sustainability in KaiNexus, you might want to nest a Chart tracking relevant metrics, a task to purchase compostable trash bags, and so on under it.
Not all Items in KaiNexus will (or should) have a parent, and any given Item can only have one parent.
If an Item has a parent (and you have permission to see that parent), it will be listed near the Item's name. Click the parent's name to open the parent Item if you want to take a closed look.
Who can edit an Item's parent?
To edit an Item, you must have permission to view and edit both the Item and the new parent Item.
Only the following people can view an Item:
- Anyone on the Item's Team.
- Potentially anyone on the parent's Team.
- If the Item is not private and not in the New status, anyone with the "View" permission for Items in its Location(s).
- If the Item is private, anyone with the "View Private" permission for Items in its Location(s).
- If the Item is in the New status and is not private, anyone with the "View New" permission for Items in its Location(s).
Only the following people can edit an Item:
- Anyone on the Item's Team except for Followers or Participants.
- Anyone with the "Edit" permission for Items in the Item's Location(s).
- Anyone with the "Assign" permission for Items in the Item's Location(s).
For more information on Team Roles (like Authors, Facilitators, Participants, and more!) check out this article.
Edit the Item's parent
To edit an Item's parent, open the Item with which you want to work, then:
- Click Actions in the top right corner of the page.
- Click Edit Parent in the resulting drop-down menu and the Item's "Edit Parent" window will open. If the Item already has a parent, it will be listed here.
- Use the Parent field to search for the desired parent, then select it.
- Click Save to update the parent.
Depending on how the Item's Template is configured, you may not be able to nest this Item under certain other Items. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you need to make any adjustments to a Template's settings.