Boards & Cards
- Users > User Management
- Users > Titles
- Users > Positions
- Users > Employment Statuses
- Users > Certifications
- System > General
- System > Timeline
- System > Login Notices
- System > Tooltip Customization
- System > API Keys
- Organization > Network
- Organization > Level Types
- Organization > Roles
- Organization > Goals
- Organization > Time Savings People
- Organization > Standard Work
- Organization > Weighted Scores
- Organization > Workflows
- Organization > Templates
- Organization > Fields
- Organization > Attributes
- Organization > Multi Chart Importer
The KaiNexus Mobile App
Defer an Item
Transition an Item into the Deferred status if you're going to decide whether or not to implement it at a later date.
If an Item has been evaluated by your leadership but no decision has been made as to whether or not to implement it yet, you can defer it. This allows you to return to it at a later date and reevaluate it.
Who can defer an Item?
- Anyone with the "Edit" permission for Items in this Location(s).
- For Items using the Simple or Standard Team Type, anyone with the "Assign" permission for Items in this Location(s).
- Anyone with the appropriate Team Roles:
- For Items using the Standard Team Type, the Assigner.
- For Items using the Simple Team Type, anyone on the Team except for Followers.
- For Items using the Author-Only Team Type, anyone on the Team except for Followers.
- For Items using the Advanced Team Type, anyone on the Team except for Participants and Followers.
For more information on Team Roles (like Authors, Facilitators, Participants, and more!) check out this article.
Defer an Item
To defer an Item, open the Item with which you want to work, then:
- Click the Item's Status indicator.
- Click Defer in the resulting drop-down menu and the "Defer" window will open.
- Reason for Deferring: Enter an explanation as to why the Item is being deferred. This text will be added to the Item as a comment.
- Review By Date: Enter the date by which this Item should be reviewed.
- Click Defer.