You now have the ability to filter a list of Items based on the value within a Number Field on your Templates. These are Number Fields that can be added to a Template where you can choose to populate it just like any other Field. Being able to filter with these Fields, now allows you to narrow down your lists for Items with specific numeric values captured in that Number Field.
How do I filter by a Number Field?
To filter by a specific Number Field, you need to open up the Advanced Item Filter from which you want to apply this criteria to, then:
- In the “Pick a criteria…” drop-down, either type in the name of the Number Field you are looking for or scroll down to find a section within the drop-down menu called “Number Fields” where you can select one of the options there.
- Once you’ve selected your Number Field, additional drop-downs will appear:
- In the second drop-down to the right, selecting “between” will mean that the numeric value in the Number Field must be within the range set for the “Min” and “Max” fields.
- In the “Min” field, you can specify to only include any Items that have a numeric value of at least a certain amount in that Number Field.
- In the “Max” field, you can specify to only include any Items that have a numeric value of no more than a certain amount in that Number Field.
- If you fill out numeric values for both the “Min” and “Max” fields, then you will only include Items that have a value that are within that set range.
- In the second drop-down to the right, selecting “is Any” will mean that the filter will include any Item that has a numeric value on it from the selected Number Field (Any Item where this Number Field is populated).
- In the second drop-down to the right, selecting “is None” will mean that the filter will include any Item that does not have any numeric values on it from the selected Number Field (Any Item where this Number Field is blank).
- When you’re finished adding criteria to the filter, click to apply the filter to your List.
PRO-TIP: Remember you can apply this filter on your Reports as well!