NOTE: The Admin area is only accessible by administrators; only Quality Administrators can perform the functions detailed on this support page.
Your KaiNexus instance can be configured to support the translation of areas of the platform into multiple languages. Reach out to your Customer Experience Lead to configure a new Language option. Once the Language option has been created, your organization’s Quality Administrators can begin translating several areas within your templates.
How to translate your templates into different languages?
When your Language(s) have been configured, in order to translate your templates:
- Navigate to the Admin section .
- Under System, click Translation.
- On the following page,
- In the “Language:” drop-down, select from your organization’s list of configured language options.
- In the “Item Type:” drop-down, select which area of the platform you would like to translate. Select between “Template”, “Attribute”, “Attribute Value”, “Reason”, “Impact Type”, “Milestone”, or “Customized Text”.
- Selecting “Template” will prompt an additional “Template” drop-down to appear and let you select from a list of your organization’s configured Templates.
- Selecting “Attribute” will generate a list of all of your organization’s configured Attributes.
- Selecting “Attribute Value” will prompt an additional “Attribute” drop-down to appear and let you select from a list of your organization’s configured Attributes.
- Selecting “Reason” will generate a list of all of your organization’s configured No Change Reasons.
- Selecting “Impact Type” will generate a list of all of your organization’s configured Impact Types.
- Selecting “Milestone” will generate a list of all of your organization’s configured Milestones. Note: This option will only appear if your organization has enabled the Milestones module.
- Selecting “Customized Text” will generate a list of areas within your templates that you may have previously customized, such as the Team Roles or Location Tooltips.
- After selecting which area you want to translate, click on the empty field under the “Translated Text” column for each Item Type and enter the desired text you would like to appear with this language option.
- When you’ve made all of the desired changes, click .
How to set a user’s Language option?
- Click your name in the top right corner of KaiNexus.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
- In the resulting window:
- Click in the top right corner of the window.
- Click .
- In the resulting window, you can edit your Language option using the “Language:” drop-down menu.
- Click .
NOTE: You will need to sign out and then sign back into KaiNexus in order to view the changes you made in this section.