This Report gives you the details of your team’s activity. You can see who is contributing a lot and who could be more engaged.
Understanding the Grid View
- User: Each individual User that has an account set up in KaiNexus.
- Total: The total number of items that the User is the specified team member on.
- Complete Change: The total number of items that were completed with change in which the User was the specified team member on.
- Change (%): The percent of items that were completed with change out of all of the completed items that the User is the specified team member on.
- Status Bar: Hover over to see the number of items in each status that the User is the specified team member on.
Understanding the Chart View
- In the “Display:” drop-down, select between “Total”, “Complete Change”, “Change (%)”, or “Statuses” to see that number of items for each User.
- In the “Sort:” drop-down, select between “Total”, “Complete Change”, “Change (%)”, “Statuses”, or “Name” to determine how the Users are organized on the x-axis.
- In the “Max:” field, specify the number of Users you would like to show up on the Report. (Note: Maximum of 50)
Working with the Report
- Only information about items people have authored is included by default, but selecting or deselecting "Author," "Responsible Person," "Assigner," "Collaborator," “Sponsor,” “Facilitator,” “Leader,” and/or “Participant” will add or remove the relevant data from the Report.
- Report data can be displayed in Grid or Chart format. To switch between the two views select the or toggles located below the Advanced Filter.
- The date range options are listed along the top of the page. Choose between 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, all time, or a custom range by clicking on the corresponding option.
- Beneath the date range options are the different types of workflows. Choose from “Projects”, “Improvements”, “Tasks”, “Charts”, and “Incidents.” All workflows are displayed on the Report by default, but you can click any of the workflows to specify which workflows you want to include on the Report.
NOTE: Incidents will only be available for organizations using the Incident Module.
- Beneath the workflow options are three additional options:
- Click "All" to include all Items that meet the rest of the filter requirements.
- Click "Project-Based" to include only Items that meet the rest of the requirements and are nested under a Project.
- Click "Stand-Alone" to include only Items that meet the rest of the requirements and are not nested under another Item.
- Your Network is visualized in the Location Panel along the left side of the page. Use this to filter the Report by Location - only items tied to the selected Locations will be included in the Report.
- Click near the top of the Report to open the advanced item filter.
You can also:
- Click any of the data points or status bars on this Report to open the list of Items it is counting. If you don't have the adequate permissions to view them, some items will be excluded from the list.
- Export the Report to an Excel spreadsheet by clicking near the bottom left corner of the page.
Things to look out for:
- People who submit lots of Items which result in no change. They might need coaching on what continuous improvement is and how to come up with implementable ideas.
- People who submit lots of Items that result in changes - give these employees a shout out!
- Leaders in locations with low change rates are having a hard time finding ways to implement some aspect of an Improvement. Try to understand why implementation rates are so low.
Leaders responsible for lots of Items aren’t delegating work properly; they may get overwhelmed, and improvement will peter out.
- Make sure leaders are encouraged to delegate work.