The Board Filters gives you the ability to overlay a filter to an entire Board, making it easier to precisely filter your Boards without having to add the same filters to every Card.
The Board Filters you set will apply to every Item-based Card on a Board - i.e. Item List Cards, Improvement and Project Curve Report Cards, Impact Report Cards, and Attribute Report Cards.
Who can enable Board Filters or edit the existing default filters for a particular Board?
If you’re working with one of your private Boards, you can add a Board Filter to it - or edit its existing filters - regardless of your permissions.
For public Boards, however, only the following types of users can do so:
- The Board’s Editors who have the “Restricted Board Administrator” permission
- Anyone with the “Global Board Administrator” permission
How do I enable Board Filters or edit the existing default filters for a particular Board?
Open the Board with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the Board
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- Check the box next to “Show Board Filter” to add a global Item filter option to this Board.
- Once you do so, you have the option of adding default filters. These are the filters that will be automatically applied to this Board every time someone accesses it. Users will be able to temporarily edit the filters as needed, but the default filters will be restored every time they return to this Board.
To add default filters, click .
NOTE: This icon will not appear on your Board until you have checked the box next to “Show Board Filter.” The icon will appear blue if it is in use.
- In the resulting window, add any filters you’d like to apply to the Board, then click .
- Click to finalize the changes made to this Board.
Who can temporarily change the Board filters?
Anyone who can access the Board can temporarily edit the filters as needed, but the default filters will be restored every time they return to this Board.
How do I temporarily change the Board filters?
If a Board has had Board filters enabled, a filter icon - - will be present in its top-right corner.
To temporarily adjust the Board filters:
- Click .
- In the resulting window, adjust the filters as needed.
- Click .