When working with a Chart Card displaying a Line, Bar, Threshold, or Bowling Chart, you can set the date range that should be displayed on the Card.
What happens when I configure the visible date range on a Chart Card?
The Chart Card will only show data that falls within that date range.
The data itself will not be affected by this configuration.
If you expand this Card, the Chart’s work panel will reflect the default date range visible. However, if you access the Chart from anywhere else in the app, the date range will be unaffected by this Card’s settings.
Who can configure a Chart Card?
- The Board's Owners
- Anyone with the "Global Board Administrator" permission
How do I set the visible date range for a Chart Card?
Open the Board containing the Card with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of that Card.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, hover over .
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- In the “Visible Date Range” section of the resulting window, you can enter the starting date in the “Starting” field and/or enter the ending date in the “Ending” field.
- For the starting date, you can choose between several rolling dates (e.g. “Last 24 hours, last 12 months, etc.), “Now,” or pick a custom date.
- Likewise, for the ending date, you can choose between several rolling dates (e.g. “Next 7 days, next 6 months, etc.), “Now,” or pick a custom date.
- Click .