The Kiosk module is a new module that enables users to easily submit select templates from a kiosk without having to log into KaiNexus.
This is a great way to remove technical barriers and allow more people to participate in continuous improvement, regardless of whether or not they use a computer in their daily work. Users need minimal training to use the module and can quickly submit items with minimal disruption to their workflow.
Reach out to your Customer Experience Lead if you’re interested in using this Add-On.
Should we be using the Kiosk module?
- The Kiosk module is perfect for work environments where employees don’t work on a personal computer all day. They might be on the shop floor or using a shared workstation.
- It can be helpful to both regular and advanced users who need to submit items on the fly and come back to them later.
- It can be coupled with the Wallboard module to create a KaiNexus station where people can submit items and get an overview of what’s going on in KaiNexus without logging in.
What effect does the Kiosk module have on the system?
Once the Kiosk module is enabled for your organization, your Customer Experience Lead will be able to make any template you want available for submission via the Kiosk.
In addition, a new user status will be made available - Kiosk Users.
What’s a Kiosk User?
A Kiosk User must be logged in to your device to activate that kiosk. Kiosk Users are not traditional users in that they cannot access any part of the app except for the submission screen and cannot be added to any teams. When a user submits an item via the kiosk, they will be listed on the team - not the Kiosk User.
There are unlimited concurrent sessions per Kiosk User - that means that you can have however many kiosks as you need running at once with just one Kiosk User. Additionally, the Kiosk User’s session will not time out.
If you want to log a Kiosk User out, go to the kiosk and press or click the KaiNexus kiosk logo. A “Sign Out” button will appear. Click that button and the Kiosk User will be logged out.
What changes are made to the Reports section?
- The Improvement Curve and Project Curve Reports will have a new icon - - in the bottom right corner showing how many items of that workflow were submitted via a kiosk.
- The number of Kiosk users will be added to the User Counts Over Time and Location User Count Reports.
Who can submit via the Kiosk?
Once the Kiosk User has been logged in, items can be submitted by the following types of user:
- Full Access Users
- Frontline Users
- Incident Users
- Capture Users
Which templates can a user submit via the Kiosk?
Improvements, Incidents, and Projects can all be submitted via the Kiosk.
The templates a particular user can submit via the Kiosk is based on an intersection of two factors:
- Which templates have been configured by your organization to be available for Kiosk submission. Reach out to your Customer Experience Lead to make a particular template available on the Kiosk.
- Which templates that particular user has permission to create.
For example, if your organization has the Incident module enabled, there may be several Improvement and Incident templates available on the Kiosk. However, an Incident User would be unable to submit any Improvements via the Kiosk and would only be able to create Incidents, as per their permissions.
How do I log in as a Kiosk User?
Kiosk Users can be logged into the system just like any other user. Go to your organization’s usual login page and enter the Kiosk User’s username and password.
How do I submit items via a kiosk?
First, make sure that the Kiosk User has been logged in to the system. If you see the KaiNexus Kiosk logo at the bottom of the screen, you’re all set to proceed.
Next, tie your upcoming submission to the correct account:
- Search for your name in the list of users and select it.
- Click .
NOTE: For security purposes, if you’re inactive for more than 50 seconds after this point, you will be asked to confirm that you’re still there. If you do not respond, the Kiosk will be returned to the initial page and your progress will be lost.
In the resulting window:
- Your username and profile picture will be displayed in the top right corner of the page. If the wrong user is shown, click “Start Over” in the bottom left corner of the page and enter the correct user’s name on the initial page.
- To submit an item, click the name of the template you want to create.
In the resulting window:
- Fill out any required and optional fields and Attributes.
- Click to submit your item.
Click to discard your item and return to the template selection screen.
NOTE: The file, link, team, advanced, and parent options seen when submitting an item through the normal app are not available when submitting an item through the Kiosk.
The item you submitted will immediately appear in KaiNexus.
- The Author will be listed as the person selected on the initial screen.
- The timeline will indicate that it was submitted by the Kiosk User.