Bring critical functionality and features to Boards for easy access by adding Widget Cards with “Create” buttons.
Each button can be configured so that only certain templates are available and/or so that every item created via that button is automatically nested under a particular parent.
Who can add or work with Widget Cards?
- The Board's Owners
- Anyone with the "Global Board Administrator" permission
How do I add a Widget Card to a Board?
Open the Board with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the Board.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- Enter the Card’s title in the “Card Name” field.
- Enter the number of rows and columns in the corresponding fields. NOTE: The maximum value of both those fields is “5.”
- Click in the top right corner of the “Widgets” section.
- In the resulting window:
- Enter the widget’s name in the “Title” field. This is the name that will be displayed over the corresponding goal gauge.
- Select “Create Button” from the “Type” drop-down menu.
- Enter a description in the “Description” field. People will be able to see this text when they hover over this “Create” button.
- If you want all items created via this button to be automatically nested under a particular parent, enter that parent into the “Parent” field.
Since no items can be nested under Tasks, you can not add a Task to this field.
NOTE: If a “Create” button has a default parent set, users who do not have permission to add items to that parent will be unable to see that button on the Card.
- By default, all templates are available from a Widget Card’s “Create” button. If, however, you want to limit the button so that only certain templates are available, add those templates to the “Available Templates” field.
NOTE: If a user does not have permission to create any of the available templates, they will not see this “Create” button on the Card.
- Click to finalize this “Create” button.
- Repeat these steps as many times as necessary to build as many “Create” buttons as you want to include on this Card.
- Click and the Widget Card will be added to your Board.