One of the most common Boards built and used by our customers is a basic Kanban Board.
A Kanban Board is a visualization tool used to help work flow smoothly through each step of the improvement process. An overloaded system and bottlenecks are very easy to see on a Kanban Board because some columns will have too many items while others may not have enough.
How is the Board built out?
- Kanban Boards often have a one column layout
- A Location filter is often included. Typically, the default Location is set to “User’s Current Location” (including the Location & below).
If the people who will be accessing the Board need to quickly check on the health of the entire organization, setting a default Location may not be necessary.
What Cards are included?
Our customers typically include the following single Card, although you can configure the Card (or add additional Cards) to reflect the precise interests of your team.
This Card displays all Improvements in the system.
The “Improvements” Card should be put into the Kanban View. To do so:
- Click in the top right corner of the Board.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, hover over .
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
- Check out this support page if you want to control which columns are included in this View.