If Resolution has been enabled on one of your Task Templates, once the Task’s Resolution has been finalized, you can still update it whenever necessary.
NOTE: If you want to update a Task’s Target or Forecast Resolution (if either is enabled for this Template) and are unable to, this may be because the Template is set to lock the Target and Forecast Resolution after a certain status in the Item’s lifecycle.
Reach out to your Customer Experience Lead for additional assistance.
Who can update the Resolution?
- The Assigner.
- Anyone with the “Edit - Tasks” permission for a Task in the specified Network Location(s).
- Anyone with the “Assign - Tasks” permission for a Task in the specified Network Location(s).
- If the Task is nested under a Project, the Project’s Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors.
- If the Task is nested under an Improvement, the Improvement’s Authors, Assigner, Responsible Person, and/or Collaborators.
- If the Task is nested under an Incident, the Incident’s Authors, Assigner, Responsible Person, and/or Collaborators.
- If the Task is nested under a Chart, the Chart’s Authors.
How do I update the Resolution?
Open the Task with which you wish to work with, after clicking the “Resolution” tab near the top of the Task, click the near the top right corner of the Resolution panel.
In the resulting window, you’ll be able to update every element of the Resolution. When you are satisfied with your changes:
- Enter your updates without the approval of the Assigner, by clicking .
- Submit your updates to the Assigner for their approval by clicking .
PRO-TIP: Using single field editing, you can click on any quantitative impact recorded to jump directly into the edit window for that specific impact. This will help you save a few clicks if you are needing to make an update to a specific impact recorded on this Task.
PRO-TIP: For Advanced ROI Users with a quantitative impact with a Custom schedule, you can easily make updates to the schedule by clicking directly on the blue “Schedule” button.