If you find yourself recreating the same items and workflows regularly, consider creating a Standard Work Group so that you can add all relevant items (and any attached files!) to your any of your work.
If you want to create a new Standard Work Group (or edit an existing one), reach out to your Customer Experience Lead.
How can a Standard Work Group be built out?
Every Standard Work Group:
- Must be assigned a name.
- Can be given a description that will be seen when hovering over the Group’s name when adding it to some item.
- Can be assigned available templates - Users will have the option of adding this Standard Work Group to any existing items of these types.
- Can be assigned to be auto-created during the creation of items of a certain type.
- Files and attachments can be added to the Group.
When you add a Standard Work Group to an item, these files will be added directly to that item.
- Items of any type can be added to the Group.
When you add a Standard Work Group to an item, these pre-built items will be created and nested under that item.
- You can fill out any fields and Attributes on any of the pre-built items, as determined by their template structure.
- You can decide whether each item should be in the “New” or “Planned” status.
If the item is planned, you can decide whether it should be dependent on the completion of another item in this Standard Work Group or if its start date should be manually decided upon later.
- You can add links and files to each item.
When you add a Standard Work Group to an item, these pre-built items will be created and nested under it and these links and files will be listed on that item.
How do I add a Standard Work Group to one of my items?
Depending on the settings put in place for a Standard Work Group (as described above), you may be able to add a Group to certain items/templates in KaiNexus.
To add a Standard Work Group:
- Navigate to the item with which you want to work.
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, hover over . If you don’t see this option, there are no Standard Work Groups that can be added to an item of this type.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click the name of the Standard Work Group you want to add.
- In the resulting window, click .
The Standard Work Group - including its nested items and any attachments - will then be added to the item.