With the latest KaiNexus update, we’ve introduced Threshold Charts! You can build a Threshold Chart to get notified if a data point crosses some Threshold - like a baseline, target, or goal.
These thresholds can be used to add a Goal to the Chart and track how things are progressing.
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Either create a new series to serve as the threshold by clicking near the top left corner of the window, or click to an existing series to edit it.
- In the resulting window, create or edit the threshold series:
- Give it a name and, optionally, a description.
- Under “Type,” make sure that “Threshold Line” is selected.
- Decide whether you want the target to be greater or less than the actual data points.
- Pick the color that should be shown on the “Actual” series if the target is not met.
- In the “First Threshold” section:
- Give this threshold sub-series a name in the “Title” field.
- Pick the color that should be shown on the “Actual” series if the target is met.
- Check “Flag if Target is not met” if you want the Chart to be flagged for attention if the “actual” series fails to meet this target.
- Specify the threshold line’s color and decide whether it should be signified with a dashed line and/or whether its markers should be shown.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Second Threshold” if you want to add a secondary threshold. The secondary threshold’s options will then appear. Fill out each field as described above.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Third Threshold” if you want to add a tertiary threshold. The tertiary threshold’s options will then appear. Fill out each field as described above.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Baseline Threshold” if you want to add a baseline threshold. The baseline threshold’s options will then appear. Fill out each field as described above.
- If you’re working with a new Threshold Chart, click . This will save the threshold Series and automatically open a new “New Series” window that you can use to create the “actual” series.
If you’re working with an existing Bar/Line Chart, click . You will need to manually create or edit a bar/line series that should be compared to the threshold.
- As stated previously, you now need to create or edit a new bar/line series as detailed above. In the resulting window:
- Create the bar/line series as you normally would, deciding its type, appearance, y-axis, and, if necessary, operator.
- Add the threshold series to which this “actual” series should be compared to the“Target Threshold” field.
- When finished, click .
- Back on the main “Edit Chart” window, click .
Don't forget that you can add a Goal to any of your Threshold Charts.