STOP: Is the Incident module active for your organization?
The Assigner is the person within the organization who has assigned an Incident to someone. They may be required to approve the Resolution before the Incident can be completed.
What can the Assigner do?
- Edit the Incident
- Add comments
- Plan the Incident
- Defer the Incident
- Edit the due date
- Edit the team
- Resolve the Incident
- Escalate the Incident
- Transfer the Incident
- Edit the Incident's Locations
- Share it
- Save it as an Excel document or as a PDF document
- Add links
- Add Tasks
- Add charts
- Notify people of the Incident
- Copy it
- Convert it to another type
- Add attachments
- Review the Resolution submitted by the Responsible Person
Who can change the Assigner?
- Anyone who has the "Edit" permission for Incidents in that Location
- Anyone who has the "Assign" permission for Incidents in that Location
How do I change the Assigner?
Open the Incident with which you want to work, then click in the top right corner of the "Team" section. The Incident must have already been assigned for you to change the Assigner.
In the resulting window, locate the "Assigned By" field. If you don't see this field, you do not have permission to assign this Incident. In that field, you can:
- Open the drop-down menu to reveal a list of up to ten users including yourself and your most frequent selections.
- Begin typing someone's name in that field to search for them among all users (not just those top choices).
In the resulting drop-down menu, select the correct user.
- Click .
This change will be noted in the activity log, and the new Assigner will be notified, as will the old one.