If you decide you don't want to activate or work on a Chart, you'll want to defer it to make sure no one spends their time on that Chart if you are not using it.
Who can defer a Chart?
- Any of the Authors
- Anyone with the "Chart - Edit" permission, if the Chart is in their specified Network Location(s).
What happens when I defer a Chart?
- It will enter the status.
How do I defer a Chart?
Open the Chart you want to defer, then:
- Click the status picker in the top left of the Chart.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window, you can:
- (**Optional**) You can enter a reason for why you are deferring the Chart in the "Reason for Deferring" field.
- You will be required to enter the date on which this Chart should be revisited in the "Review By Date" field.
- When you're ready, click .