You can quickly make a copy of a Chart. This is perfect for when you are working with similar Charts in a bunch of different Locations.
Who can copy a Chart?
To copy a Chart you must have both permission to access it and to create new Charts of that type.
NOTE: If the Chart is nested under a Project, you must be a member of that parent Project's team.
What happens when I copy a Chart?
- The new copy will be in the New status.
- You will be made the Author.
The following information will be copied:
- The title
- The parent (if there is one)
- The information in any of its fields and Attributes
- Any attachements and links
- Any links
- The "private" status
You also have the option of copying all of its nested Charts, Tasks, Projects, and Improvements.
NOTE: Only items nested directly under this Chart will be copied. That is, an Improvement nested under a Project nested under the Chart you are copying will not be copied.
- Copied Improvements will be in the "Draft" status with the copier entered as the Author
- Copied Charts will be in the "New" status with the copier entered as the Author
- Copied Projects will be in the "New" status with the copier entered as the Facilitator
- Copied Tasks will be moved into the "New" status with the copied entered as the Author
How do I copy a Chart?
Open the Chart you want to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Enter the name of the copy in the “Name” field.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to "Copy Team" to add the original item's team to the new copy. The copied item and all its nested Charts and Projects will be affected.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to "Copy nested items" to include copies of the items nested under this Chart.
NOTE: Only the first 100 nested items will be copied.
Select whether you want to copy “One Level” - the items nested directly under the parent you’re copying - or “All Levels” - all items nested under the parent or its children, etc.
Select whether you want to copy all types - Projects Improvements, Charts, and Tasks.
If you select “No,” check the box next to each workflow you do want to copy.
- Check the box next to "I understand this cannot be undone."
- Click .
The new Chart will be created and automatically opened.