This Report allows you to view the number of items involving each Attribute in a bar, pie, or Pareto chart.
NOTE: When selecting Pie, the sections of the Pie chart will be colored based on the color configured on the Attribute value. By default, this color is set to red. Be sure to configure unique colors for your Attribute values to best visualize this report in Pie chart form.
To set colors for your Attribute values, check out this support page for more info!
Understanding the Report
If you only want to see the data for certain Attributes, add their names to the “Attribute” field near the top left corner of the Report.
When you open one of the three Attribute Reports, it will show data involving the Value Attributes by default. That’s because these Reports cannot simultaneously present data from all three kinds of Attribute Types.
If you want to see data involving another kind of Attribute Type, though, you can! Once you’ve opened the Report:
- Click inside the “Attribute” field near the top of the Report.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click the name of either a Location or Person Attribute Type.
If you clicked a Location Attribute Type, the Report will update to show its data and the drop-down itself will update to only list other Location Attribute Types. If you want to see data about multiple Location Attribute Types, click their names in that list as well.
If you clicked a Person Attribute Type, the Report will update to show its data and the drop-down itself will update to only list other Person Attribute Types. If you want to see data about multiple Person Attribute Types, click their names in that list as well.
- If you want to the original view and drop-down, delete each of your selections from the “Attribute” field.
Working with the Report
- Choose between “Vertical Bar,” “Horizontal Bar,” “Pie,” or “Pareto” to select the style of the report.
- Toggle between “Total” to “Statuses” to see the total number of Items altogether or specify the number of Items in each status.
- Clicking the “Range:” drop-down near the top of the Report will allow you to select the date range options. Choose between 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, all time, or a custom range by clicking the corresponding option.
- Clicking the “Reference Date:” drop-down near the top of the Report will allow you to select the date of the Item that is being referenced when determining if the Item is within the selected date range. Choose between “Create”, “Start”, “Due”, or “Complete” by clicking the corresponding option.
- The Network diagram can be found along the left side of the page. Use this to filter the Report by Location - only items tied to the selected Locations will be included in the Report.
- Click near the top left corner of the page to make use of the advanced filters.
- Click any of the bars or any of the segments of the Pie chart to open a list of all relevant items.
You can decide how the Report should be presented by clicking either Horizontal Bar, Vertical Bar, Pie, or Pareto.
- If you chose Horizontal Bar or Vertical Bar:
- Choose between Total and Statuses.
If you pick Total, each Attribute value will be portrayed as a solid blue bar and will just convey the total number of items with that Attribute.
If you pick Statuses, each value will be portrayed as a multicolor status bar, conveying how many total items involved that value as well as how many of items in each status did.
- If you chose Horizontal Bar, Vertical Bar, or Pie:
- By default, the chart will be arranged by “Total,” going from the most used value to the least.
You can sort it by Name (alphabetical order), Rank, and (Attribute) Type.