Customize a Bar/Line, Threshold, or Pareto Chart's axes
Chart Options allow you to customize your Chart’s display, including the legend, X and Y-Axes, visible date range, or bar width (to name a few!). Depending on the Chart type you're working with (Pareto Chart, Threshold, or Bar/Line Chart), different customization options will appear.
Advanced Chart Options for a Pareto Chart
How do I customize my Chart Options?
Navigate to the Chart with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- Click to open the advanced options window.
In the resulting window, you can edit the following Chart Options depending on the type of Chart you’re working with.
- Legend - You can pick where the legend should be displayed in relation to the Chart. Choose between positioning it to the top, left, bottom, or right of the Chart.
- X-Axis - You can enter the title that should be displayed under the X-Axis. You can also set the axis rotation - by default this is set to -45º.
- Bar Settings - You can increase or decrease the Bar Width, Series Gap Width, and Category/Date Gap Width to better distinguish groups of data. Set the Fill Opacity to control how bold or transparent the bar colors are, and Enable Show Stacked Bar Toggle or Default to Stacked Bar to make your data more compact.
- Left Y-Axis - You can enter the title that should be displayed alongside the left Y-Axis. You can enter the range that should always be displayed on the left Y-Axis.
- Right Y-Axis - You can enter the title that should be displayed alongside the right Y-Axis. You can enter the range that should always be displayed on the right Y-Axis.
- Visible Date Range - You can set the date range that should be displayed on the Chart by default.
NOTE: If your Chart is using categories rather than dates, this option will not apply.
- Visible Series - You can hide certain series by default for anyone viewing the Chart by unchecking the box(es) next to each series’ name(s). They will be able to toggle between “Show Series” and “Hide Series” if they want to see the hidden series now and again.
- Goal Series - This option enables you to add a goal gauge to the Chart which tracks your progress on the “Actual” series as compared to the connected threshold series. Simply select which “Actual” series on the Chart from the drop-down you would like to be measured against the Chart’s threshold series.
- Click when you’re done configuring the advanced options.