NOTE: This feature is available only with the Enhanced ROI Add-On.
If your organization is spread across multiple countries, you likely have employees using multiple currencies. If you want them to be able to report financial impacts using their own currencies, you can add those currencies to KaiNexus. Reach out to your Customer Experience lead to take advantage of this feature.
What information is needed to add a new currency to KaiNexus?
Supply your Customer Experience lead with:
- The name of the currency (e.g. U.S. Dollar).
- The currency’s code (e.g. USD). This is the code that will appear whenever people are asked to choose which currency they want to use, such as when resolving an Improvement with a financial impact or when looking at a Report.
- The currency’s symbol (e.g. $) and whether it should precede or follow numerical values (e.g. $100 or 50.00 SFr). This code will appear wherever there’s financial data.
- The Locations which will use this currency as their default. The choice will cascade down to any Locations below the selected Location. People in those Locations will always have a choice between currencies when reporting an Improvement’s impact or when viewing a Report.
Where will these new currencies appear in KaiNexus?
Anywhere involving financial data! If your organization has multiple currencies, a currency picker will be added to:
- Quantitative (financial) Impact Types.
People will be asked in which currency their impact should be recorded. Their Location’s default currency will be selected for them, but they’re free to change that currency if necessary.
A “Currency” filter will be added under the “Advanced” options when filtering a list of Improvements. Only Improvements with a financial impact reported in the selected currencies will be returned.
- Impact Summaries - on lists of Improvements, Projects, and the full Impact Summary Report.
Only financial data reported in that currency will be displayed under the “Savings” and “Revenue” headings on the Summary. Additionally, only soft savings reported in that currency will be displayed when you hover over the hours displayed under the “Time Saved” heading.
The horizontal bars show the total number of Improvements resulting in each Impact Type, regardless of currency.
- The Reports Snapshot.
The “Financial Impact” section will only display the financial impact of Improvements reported in the chosen currency. Additionally, the soft savings under the “Time Saved” section will only include those Improvements as well. All other fields will include the impact of all Improvements, regardless of the chosen currency.