To get to this page, just navigate to the Admin page by clicking on the left sidebar menu, look under the Users heading, and click "Users." This admin page is only accessible by administrators; only User Administrators can perform the functions detailed on this support page.
It's pretty common for people to be listed in multiple Network Locations - they might be the Director of their department as well as a member of a cross-functional workgroup. But it doesn't always make sense for a person to have the same Roles and permissions within each of those Locations. For example, you might want them to be able to create new users in their department but not in their workgroup.
If that's the case, you might want to limit some of their Roles to certain Locations with our advanced Role configuration.
NOTE: If a user has only one Location, all of their Roles will apply to that Location.
How do I control which Roles apply to each of a user's Locations?
NOTE: If you are a Global User Administrator, you can edit any user. If you are a Local User Administrator, you can only edit users in your Location(s) and below.
On the User Admin page:
- Hover over the user you want to edit so that that row is highlighted in blue and click to its right.
- If necessary, add Roles to the user by clicking in the "Roles" section and selecting the appropriate Roles.
- Click in the "Roles" section. You will only see this cogwheel if the user has multiple Network Locations.
- In the resulting window, each Role assigned to the user is listed along with each of the user's Network Locations. Checking the box at a Role/Location junction will apply that Role to that Location.
- Click in any column to check every box in that column.
- Click in any column to uncheck every box in that column.
- Click to save your changes.
- Each Role will then be listed in the "Roles" section along with the Locations to which it applies. If a Role applies to all of the user's Locations, then it will be listed without any Locations alongside it.