If you want to make a new Board that is largely based on an existing one, you wouldn’t want to recreate the whole Board just to make a few changes. Instead, you can copy the existing Board and tweak the copy as you see fit.
What will the copy of a Board look like?
- It will be a private Board. That means that only you will have access to it and that the public Board settings from the original Board (such as restricted viewership or additional Owners) will be lost.
NOTE: If you have the "Restricted Board Administrator" or "Global Board Administrator" permissions, you'll be able to make this new Board public.
- It will be a top-level Board - not nested under another Board - and no other Boards will be nested beneath it.
- X-Matrix and Nested Board List Cards will not be copied. All other kinds of Cards will be copied.
How do I copy a Board?
Open the Board with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the Board.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
- Click in the resulting window.
The copy will be made and opened automatically.