The Assigner is the person who assigned the Task to someone.
What can the Assigner do?
- Plan the Task
- Defer the Task
- Make the Task new again
NOTE: The user will be removed as the Responsible Person and so may no longer be able to perform the actions listed here.
- Complete the Task
- Reopen the completed Task
- Edit its start and due dates
- Edit it
- Share it
- Save it as an Excel document or as a PDF document
- Edit the Task's Locations
- Copy the Task - As long as the user has permission to create this Task template
- Convert the Task
- Add comments
- Edit the Task’s team
- Add, remove, and edit attachments
- Add, remove, and edit links
- Delete the Task
How do I change the Assigner?
Open the Task you want to work with, then click in the top right corner of the "Team" section.
In the resulting window:
- In the "Assigned By" field, click to open a drop-down menu containing a list of your most frequent selections and yourself.
NOTE: If you don't see this field, you do not have permission change the Assigner.
If you only see your name listed in the drop-down menu, you do not have permission to make anyone but yourself the Assigner.
- Begin typing someone's name in that field to search for them among all users (not just those top choices).
In the resulting drop-down menu, select the correct user.
- Click .
This change will be noted in the activity log, and anyone whose status was changed will be notified.