Who can plan a project?
How do I plan a Project?
When planning a Project, you can choose whether to decide if it should start later or on a specific date. We have added a third option - you can now decide to have it be dependent on the completion of another Project, Improvement, or Task.
To plan a Project:
- Open the Project you want to plan.
- Click in the action bar.
In the resulting window, you have the option of entering a reason for planning this Project.
Then click either “Decide Later” (if you don’t want to enter the start date at this time. You can update the item with a start date later, or manually activate it when the time comes), “Specific Date” (if you already know when it should begin and who should be involved), or “Dependent On” (if you want this item to be automatically activated when some other item is completed).
- You won’t be prompted to enter any additional information.
- Click .
This item will either need to be edited to include a start date or will need to be manually activated at the right time.
- You must enter the start date.
- Click .
This item will automatically become active when the start date you entered comes around.
- Enter the name(s) of the item(s) that must be completed before this item activates in the “Completion Of” field.
- If you want the end date to be automatically added when the item is activated, enter the number of days the Project should take to be completed in the “Estimated time to complete (days)” field.
- Click .
This item will automatically become active after every item you entered in the “Completion Of” field have been completed.
You can see a list of every Project, Improvement, or Task this item is waiting on, as well as a list of every item waiting on it, on this Project’s main page.
NOTE: Reopening one of the Projects, Improvements, or Tasks this item depends on after it has been activated will not revert this Project into the Planned status.