If you're working on an Improvement and realize it should really be a different type of Improvement or even a Project, Task, or, if the Incident Add-On is enabled for your organization, an Incident, you can easily convert it into that type.
What happens when I convert an Improvement?
- Its status will be changed to “New.”
- The title, comments, files, links, and the nested items will all be unchanged.
- When applicable, you can specify which information is copied into which fields on the new type's template - see below for more information.
- Any dates that no longer apply will be removed.
- If an Attribute exists on both the original and the new type, the entered value will be carried over. Otherwise, it will be discarded.
- If you are converting it to a Project, you will be given the option of making the team Participants.
- Any Resolution details will be lost.
- If you’re converting it to an Improvement, Incident, or Task type, you will be made its Author.
If you’re converting it to a Project, you will be made its Facilitator.
Who can convert an Improvement?
- The Responsible Person
- The Author(s)
- The Assigner
- Any Collaborators
- Anyone with the "Edit" or "Assign" permissions for Improvements in that Location
- If the Improvement is nested under a Project, the Project's Facilitators, Leaders, and/or Sponsors. If the Improvement is nested under a Chart, the Chart's Authors.
How do I convert an Improvement?
Open the Improvement you want to convert, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Enter the new type to which you want to convert this Improvement in the "Convert to" field. NOTE: You must have permission to create a new Improvement of that type.
- Under the "Select how you would like to map the fields" heading, you'll see a list of each of the fields on included on this Improvement's template.
Alongside each field's name is a drop-down menu containing a list of each of the fields included on the new template you specified above. Pick the new field to which you want the information included in each existing field mapped.
If you map multiple fields to the same target field, all the information from each of those fields will be copied into the new field separated by a blank line.
- Click .