You can quickly make a copy of a Project. This is perfect for when you are doing the same Project in a bunch of different locations.
Who can copy a Project?
To copy a Project, you must have both permission to access the Project and to create that type of Project.
NOTE: If the Project is nested under another Project, you must be a member of that parent Project's team.
What happens when I copy a Project?
- The copy will be in the "New" status.
- You will be made its Facilitator.
The following information will automatically be copied:
- Parent Project
- Whether the Project is Private or not
You also have the option of copying all of its nested Charts, Tasks, Projects, and Improvements.
NOTE: Only Improvements and Projects nested directly under this Project will be copied. That is, an Improvement nested under a Project nested under the Project you are copying will not be copied.
- Copied Improvements will be in the "Draft" status with the copier entered as the Author
- Copied Charts will be in the "New" status with the copier entered as the Author
- Copied Projects will be in the "New" status with the copier entered as the Facilitator
- Copied Tasks will be moved into the "New" status with the copied entered as the Author
How do I copy a Project?
Open the Project you want to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Enter the name of the copy in the “Name” field.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to "Copy nested items" to include copies of the items nested under this Project.
NOTE: Only the first 100 nested items will be copied.
Select whether you want to copy “One Level” - the items nested directly under the parent you’re copying - or “All Levels” - all items nested under the parent or its children, etc.
Select whether you want to copy all types - Projects Improvements, Charts, and Tasks.
If you select “No,” check the box next to each workflow you do want to copy.
- Check the box next to "I understand this cannot be undone."
- Click .