You can easily make a copy of Projects. This is perfect for when you are doing the same Project in a bunch of different locations.
Who can copy a Project?
To copy a Project, you must:
- Be able to access/see the Project.
- Have permission to create that type of Project.
If the Project is part of another Project, you must be a member of that parent Project.
What happens when I copy a Project?
- The copy will be in the "New" status.
- You will be made a Facilitator.
The following information will be copied:
- Parent Project
- Whether the Project is Private or not
You can copy the Project's nested items as well
When copying a Project, you have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks, Projects, and Improvements, too.
NOTE: Only Improvements and Projects nested directly under this Project will be copied. That is, an Improvementnested under a Project nested under the Project you are copying will not be copied.
- Copied Improvements will be moved into the draft status with the copier entered as the Author
- Copied Projects will be moved into the new status with the copier entered as the Facilitator
- Copied Tasks will be moved into the new status with the copied entered as the Author.
How do I copy a Project?
Open the Project you want to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Enter the name of the copy in the “Name” field.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Include Copies of Tasks” to include copies of the Tasks nested under this Project.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Include Copies of Improvements” to include copies of the Improvements nested under this Project.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Include Copies of Projects” to include copies of the Projects nested under this Project.
- Click .