If you're doing the same Improvement in a bunch of different Locations or were just inspired to implement an Improvement from another Location in your own, you can quickly copy it.
Who can copy an Improvement?
To copy an Improvement, you must:
- Have permission to access the Improvement
- Have permission to create a new Improvement of that type
NOTE: If the Improvement is part of a Project, you must also be that Project's Facilitator, Sponsor, or Leader.
What happens when I copy an Improvement?
- The new copy will be created as a draft that must be submitted later
- You will be made the Author
The following information will be copied:
- The title
- The parent Project (if there is one)
- The information in any of its fields
- Any attachments
- Any links
- The "private" status
NOTE: You also have the option of copying all of its nested items. The copies of the nested items will all be in the "new" status, with the copier entered as their Author.
Additionally, you can choose to convert the newly copied item into a different template type.
How do I copy an Improvement?
Open the Improvement you wish to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- In the resulting drop-down menu, click .
In the resulting window:
- Enter the name of the new copy in the “Name” field
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Copy nested items” to also copy the items nested under this Improvement
NOTE: Only the first 100 nested items will be copied.
- Choose how many levels of nested items you want to copy
- Selecting “One Level” will only copy the items that are directly nested under this Improvement
- Selecting “All Levels” will copy all nested items -- those directly nested under this Improvement, any items nested under those items, and so on
- Choose whether you want to copy all types of nested items or not
- Selecting “Yes” will copy both any Charts and any Tasks nested under this Improvement
- Selecting “No” will give you the option to choose which types of items -- Tasks or Charts -- will be copied
- If you selected "All Levels" and "No" above, you will be asked to choose whether you want to copy all types of nested items or not within the subsequent levels of this Improvement.
- Selecting “Yes” will copy any Projects, Charts, Improvements, and Tasks nested at any level under this Improvement
- Selecting “No” will give you the option to choose which types of items will be copied
- Check the box next to “I understand this cannot be undone”
- Click to copy the Improvement
- Click to copy the Improvement and then convert the new copy into a different template type
NOTE: See Convert an Improvement for additional information on the converting process.