If you're doing the same Improvement in a bunch of different Locations or were just inspired to implement an Improvement from another Location in your own, you can quickly copy it.
Who can copy an Improvement?
To copy an Improvement, you must:
- Have permission to access the Improvement
- Have permission to create an Improvement of that template
NOTE: If the Improvement is part of a Project, you must also be that Project's Facilitator, Sponsor, or Leader.
What happens when I copy an Improvement?
- The Improvement's copy will become a draft
- You will be made the Author
The following information will be copied:
- The title
- The parent Project (if there is one)
- The information in any of its fields
- Any attachments
- Any links
- The "private" status
NOTE: You also have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks and/or Charts. The copies of the nested items will all be in the "new" status, with the copier entered as their Author.
How do I copy an Improvement?
Open the Improvement you want to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Edit the name of the new copy in the “Name” field as necessary.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to “Include Copies of Tasks” to copy all of its Tasks; check the box next to "Include Copies of Charts" to copy all of its Charts.
- Click .
The new Improvement will be created and automatically opened.