If you're doing the same Improvement in a bunch of different Locations or were just inspired to implement an Improvement from another Location in your own, you can quickly copy it.
Who can copy an Improvement?
To copy an Improvement, you must:
- Have permission to access the Improvement
- Have permission to create an Improvement of that template
NOTE: If the Improvement is part of a Project, you must also be that Project's Facilitator, Sponsor, or Leader.
What happens when I copy an Improvement?
- The Improvement's copy will become a draft
- You will be made the Author
The following information will be copied:
- The title
- The parent Project (if there is one)
- The information in any of its fields
- Any attachments
- Any links
- The "private" status
NOTE: You also have the option of copying all of its nested Tasks and/or Charts. The copies of the nested items will all be in the "new" status, with the copier entered as their Author.
How do I copy an Improvement?
Open the Improvement you want to copy, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Enter the name of the copy in the “Name” field.
- (**Optional**) Check the box next to "Copy nested items" to include copies of the items nested under this Improvement.
NOTE: Only the first 100 nested items will be copied.
Select whether you want to copy “One Level” - the items nested directly under the parent you’re copying - or “All Levels” - all items nested under the parent or its children, etc.
Select whether you want to copy all types - Charts and Tasks.
If you select “No,” check the box next to each workflow you do want to copy.
- Check the box next to "I understand this cannot be undone."
- Click .
The new Improvement will be created and automatically opened.