To get to this page, just navigate to the Admin page by clicking on the left sidebar menu, look under the Users heading, and click "Users." This admin page is only accessible by administrators; only User Administrators can perform the functions detailed on this support page.
What user information can I edit in bulk?
You can edit the following information for multiple users at once:
You can replace their existing location(s) or add a new location to their existing ones.
You can replace their existing Role(s), add a new Role to their existing ones, or clear all existing Role(s).
You can add new manually grantable Badges, remove manually grantable Badges, replace all existing manually grantable Badges with another, or clear all existing manually grantable Badges.
You can also choose to send an account activation email to all selected users - the email will only be sent to those users who have never activated their accounts.
How do I edit multiple users at once?
Navigate to the "Users" page, then:
- Click the checkbox next to the name of every user you want to edit.
- Click in the top right corner of the page. NOTE: This button will not appear until you signify that you have chosen at least one user with a check mark.
- Select either "Change Status," "Change Location(s)," "Change Role(s)," "Change Badge(s)," or "Send Activation Email."
- Select a new status for the selected user(s).
NOTE: If changing to their status to Active, users who have never activated their accounts before will be sent an activation email.
- Select the type of change - decide if you want to replace the selected users’ existing location(s) with new locations or add to their existing locations.
- Select the new location(s).
- Select the type of change - decide if you want to replace the selected users’ existing Role(s) with the new Roles, add to their existing Roles, or clear all of their existing Roles.
- Select the new Role(s)
Select the type of change you want to make:
- “Add to existing” - Add the selected Badges to the list of Badges each person already possesses. You’ll be prompted to pick which manually grantable Badges should be added in the “Badges” field.
- “Remove from existing” - Remove the selected Badges from each person’s list of Badges. You’ll be prompted to pick which manually grantable Badges should be removed in the “Badges” field.
- “Replace all existing” - Replace each person’s existing Badges with the selected Badges. You’ll be prompted to pick which manually grantable Badges should replace the existing ones in the “Badges” field.
NOTE: Badges that were automatically granted by the system will not be replaced.
- “Clear all existing” - Remove all of each person’s Badges.
NOTE: Badges that were automatically granted by the system will not be removed.
Send Activation Email
All selected users will receive an activation email if:
- They have an email address associated with their KaiNexus account,
- And have not yet activated their account.