The Project tree view is a way of viewing the hierarchy of Projects - how they are nested under each other, and how Improvements and Tasks are nested under the Projects.
- See the hierarchy of a Project’s nested Projects:
Open the parent Project and open the Projects tab to see all of its nested Projects.
Click in the Nested Projects section.
- See the hierarchy of a list of Projects.
Go to the Projects tab in the left navigation bar and choose which Projects - from “My Projects,” “My Organization,” "My Location," or “My Lists” - you want to see.
Click and then click .
Understanding the Tree View
- Clicking the title of any Project will open that Project’s page.
- If you don’t have permission to view a Project, but you do have permission to view Projects nested under it, you will only see it listed as “Private” - you will not see its status, start date, or end date, or be able to open it. It’s merely a placeholder so you can fully visualize the Project hierarchy.
- Search or use filters by typing in the search field or by clicking .
If a nested Project meets your criteria, it will show up along with its parent(s)so that the visual hierarchy is maintained. The parents, however, will be displayed in a lighter gray text so that you know they don’t match your search or filters.
The number displayed at the bottom of the screen will denote the number of results matching your search, not including those parents included for the hierarchy’s sake.
What do the various icons on the tree view mean?
- - This item is a Project.
- - This item is an Improvement.
- - This item is a Task.
- - There’s something nested under this item. Click this icon to expand the list.
- - There’s something nested under this item and the list has already been expanded. Click this icon to collapse the list.