- Titles - A degree, for example, an MD or RN.
- Positions - A job function, for example, a Manager or Quality Analyst.
- Employee Types - Description of the terms of a user’s employment, such as full-time or part-time.
- Certifications - An employee’s qualifications or education, such as a Lean Yellow Belt or Black Belt.
- Login Notices - Customizable messages that you can set to be shown to every member of your organization when they log into KaiNexus.
- Network - The Network represents your organization’s unique structure, or hierarchy, using a combination of Locations, Levels, and Level Types.
- Level - A group of users or a work unit. Ex: Austin Factory, Dallas Hospital, etc.
- Level Type - A Level Type designates what kind of work unit each Level is. Ex: Clinic, Hospital, Fab, Distribution Center, Retail Center etc.
- Roles - A Role is a collection of powers and permissions given to a user. A person can be assigned as many Roles as appropriate. In addition to determining their powers in the system, a user’s Role(s) determines their default notification settings.
- Permissions - Permissions give users the power to perform certain restricted functions within KaiNexus.
- Support Team - If a user requests a new KaiNexus account or requests assistance logging in, anyone with a role with the Support Team designation checked will receive a notification.
- View New & Assign - Permission to view other people’s new Improvements and assign Improvements the user can access within the selected Location(s).
- View New - Permission to view other people's new Improvements within the selected Location(s).
- View - Permission to view other users’ public Improvements, Projects, or Charts within the selected Location(s) that are not in the new status.
- View Private - Permission to view other users' private Improvements, Projects, or Charts within the selected Location(s).
- Edit - Permission to edit Improvements the user can access within the selected Location(s).
- Honor Roll - Permission to add Honor Roll to Improvements the user can access within the selected Location(s).
- Toggle Private - Permission to toggle the private/public state of Improvements within the selected Location(s).
- Delete - Permission to delete Improvements the user can access within the selected Location(s).
- Project Administrator - Permission to edit all Projects that the user can access.
- Chart Administrator - Permission to edit all Charts in the organization.
- View Report - Permission to view the Reports area. Impact data from the Snapshot and the Impact Reports will not be visible. Users with only this permission will not be able to view the aggregate impact of Projects or Improvements.
- View Impact - Permission to view the impact of Improvements and Projects.
- Global Board Administrator - Permission to create and edit public Boards.
- Restricted Board Administrator - Permission to edit Boards for which the user is an Owner.
- Local User Administrator - Permission to manage the organization's users in their Location and below. People with this permission can only assign users to their own Location(s) or one nested beneath them.
- Global User Administrator - Permission to manage the organization’s users (in any Location), Titles, Positions, Employee Types, and Certifications.
- Global Badge Administrator - Permission to grant and revoke manually grantable Badges. People given this permission must also be a Local or Global User Administrator to be able to access users' profiles and grant or remove their Badges.
- Quality Administrators - Permission to manage the organization’s Network, Level Types, Roles, and Improvement/Project Attributes.
- System Administrators - Permission to view and manage everything in the System section of the Admin page.
- Location where the permission applies:
The permission will apply to items in every Location of the organization.
This is best for executives or improvement leaders who need to monitor and lead improvement work throughout the entire organization.
- User’s Location and Below
The permission will apply to items in the user's own Location, as well as the Locations under it.
This is best for users who need to monitor and lead improvement in their area and below, but not at levels above their own or in another branch of the organization's hierarchy.
- User's Location Only
The permission will apply to items in the user's own Location.
This is best for users who only need to monitor and lead work done in their own unit or Location.
- Only User’s
This permission will apply only to the user’s own work.
This is best for users who are trained to manage their own items.
- Time Savings People - The list of types of people that can be selected for the Time Saving impact of an Improvement’s Resolution.
- Attributes - Different ways to tag an Improvement or Project. Common attributes include Priority and Strategic Initiative. Attributes can be configured for each organization.