The Assigner is the person within the organization who has assigned an Improvement to someone. They may be required to approve the Resolution before the Improvement can be completed.
What can the Assigner do?
- Edit the Improvement
- Add comments
- Plan the Improvement
- Resolve the Improvement
- Escalate the Improvement
- Defer the Improvement
- Share it
- Save it as an Excel document or as a PDF document
- Edit the due date
- Edit the team
- Add links
- Add Tasks
- Add charts
- Transfer the Improvement
- Edit the Improvement's Locations
- Notify people of the Improvement
- Copy it
- Convert it to another type
- Add attachments
- Review the Resolution submitted by the Responsible Person
Who can change the Assigner?
- Anyone who has the "Edit" permission for Improvements in that Location.
- Anyone who has the "Assign" permission for Improvements in that Location.
How do I change the Assigner?
Open the Improvement with which you want to work, then:
- Click in the action bar.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window, locate the "Assigned By" field. If you don't see this field, you do not have permission to assign this Improvement. In that field, you can:
- Open the drop-down menu to reveal a list of up to ten users including yourself and your most frequent selections.
- Begin typing someone's name in that field to search for them among all users (not just those top choices).
In the resulting drop-down menu, select the correct user.
- Click .
This change will be noted in the activity log, and the new Assigner will be notified, as will the old one.