The Author is the person or people who originally came up with the idea for the Improvement but is not necessarily the person who actually entered it into KaiNexus.
What can the Author do?
- Edit the Improvement
- Add comments
- Escalate the Improvement
- Share it
- Save it as an Excel document or as a PDF document
- Add links
- Add Tasks
- Add charts
- Notify people of the Improvement
- Copy it
- Convert it to another type
- Add attachments
Who can change the Author?
- The Responsible Person
- The Assigner
- The Author(s)
- The Collaborator(s)
- Anyone with the "Edit" permission for Improvement's in that Location
- Anyone with the "Assign" permission for Improvement's in that Location
- If the Improvement is nested under a Project, the Project's Facilitators, Sponsors, and/or Leaders. If it's nested under a Chart, the Chart's Authors.
How do I change the Author?
Open the Improvement with which you want to work, then click in the top right corner of the "Team" section
In the resulting window, locate the "Author(s)" field. In that field, you can:
- Open the drop-down menu to reveal a list of up to ten users including yourself and your most frequent selections.
- Begin typing someone's name in that field to search for them among all users (not just those top choices).
In the resulting drop-down menu, select the correct user.
- Click .
This change will be noted in the activity log, and anyone whose status was changed will be notified.