By exporting an Item as a PDF, you get it in a printable format which allows you to:
- Hand it out in meetings.
- Create packets for executives.
- Hang it on visual boards.
Who can export an Item as a PDF?
Anyone who can access it.
How do I export an Item as a PDF?
Open the Item you want to export, then:
- Click in the top right corner of the page.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Choose the size of the page - Letter (8.5” x 11”), Legal (8.5” x 4”), A3 (11”x 17”), A4 (8.27” x 11.69”) or Custom.
- Choose the scale percentage to determine how much of the item’s content will be displayed on the page when exporting. (Ex. Selecting 50% will double the amount of content you can fit)
- Decide whether you want the PDF to be in “Portrait” or “Landscape” orientation by clicking the circle next to the relevant option.
- Check the box next to “Include all Items in Lists” to include all Items within the nested Item Lists on the current Item you are trying to PDF. If left unchecked, only the Items that are currently visible on the current Item’s Work Panel will be included in the PDF.
- Check the box next to “Exclude Private Items” to not include Private nested Items within the nested Item Lists in the PDF.
- Check the boxes next to each section you want to include in the PDF or click “Select All” to automatically check every box.
NOTE: For Charts, the “Only Header and Chart” will be checked by default to ensure the Chart’s size is maximized on the PDF.
The process to print or save an Item as a PDF is the same for a Custom Layout as it is for a Standard Layout, with similar checkboxes as above. However, for Custom Layout Templates, a box next to the name of the Template's first Tab is checked by default. This will include the information displayed within the Work Panel of the Template's first Tab in the same Custom Layout format as shown in KaiNexus. For more information on the differences between Standard and Custom Layouts, please refer to this support page.
After selecting the relevant checkboxes you want to include in your PDF,
- Click .
NOTE: If you wish to print your PDF and your Item’s template is a Custom Layout, be sure you have the “Fit to Page” option selected when printing for the best results.